cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tandberg 6000 MXP software upgrade

slickmetal
Level 1
Level 1

After extensive searching on the regular website and in the community forums, I am unable to find a complete beginning to end instruction list on how to do a software upgrade. I have reviewed some of the technical instruction .PDFs but still not clear enough.

I am currently at version F7 and going to F9.1.2. I have downloaded the F9.1.2 .pkg file already. From there, I do not know the steps. I also saw something about keys/key release. If those are needed for this upgrade, how are those obtained.

I thank you in advance for any assistance.            

9 Replies 9

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Download the Admin Guide here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/mxp-series/f9/administration_guide/mxp_series_administrator_guide_f90_incl-full-menu-structure.pdf

See page 235 for how to upgrade system.

You will need to a release key since you're doing a major version upgrade, contact your Cisco rep for how to obtain this.

You might need to purchase a 12 months service contract in order to get the key though, but your Cisco rep or partner will be able to advise you on what to do.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Taniguchi-san:

Thank you very much for the reply and indepth instructions. This is exactly what I was looking for. The information on the .pkg version was key as well - As I do need to have the ability to go encrypted. From what you are saying, and I want to re-affirm, is the s50000f9_1_2.pkg is the one I need for encrypted capabilities? If so, that is the one I have obtained.

Thanks again.

> I want to re-affirm, is the s50000f9_1_2.pkg is the one I need for encrypted capabilities? If so, that is the one I have obtained.

Yes, correct. Softwares50000fxxx.pkg is version with encryption capability.

So your case, s50000f9_1_2.pkg is correct version.

Mr. Didriksen:

Thank you for your reply and link to the admin guide, as I was searching for that as well. I will forward it on to my admins if they do not have it.

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

T6000MXP support multiple software upgrade methods.

1) Upgrade software from Web GUI

2) Upgrade software by using ftp

3) Upgrade software from TMS

4) Upgrade software from other MXP endpoint over ISDN.

Let me explain first common method (software upgrade from Web GUI)

Step 1: Download F9.1.2 software

I see you have already download software. Please note there are two type of software.

s50000f9_1_2 is with encryption capability and s50001f9_1_2 is without encryption capability and important that release key is different.

Step 2: Contact Cisco Global License team (license@cisco.com) or access license portal to get F9.x release key.

You will need your Endpoint information (i.e serial number) for this.

Step 3: Access Endpoint Web GUI and go to “System Configuration > Upgrade”.

Step 4: Install F9.x release key in “Release Key” field and click “Install Software”

Step 5: Select F9.1.2 software file by clicking browse icon in new page then click “Install”.

Step 6: Once software upgrade complete, Web GUI will automatically update with message and click “reboot” (or could be “restart”).

Your Endpoint should restart and booting up with F9.1.2 software.

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

And also here is second method (by using ftp) as backup method.

Step 1: Download F9.1.2 software

Step 2: Contact Cisco Global License team (license@cisco.com) or access license portal to get F9.x release key.

You will need your Endpoint information (i.e serial number) for this.

Step 3: Open Command prompt on your PC

Step 4: Change the directory to location where software is download on your PC, if necessary by using “cd” command

For example, software folder locates under C drive on PC, then “cd C\software”

Step 5: Access Endpoint using ftp, execute “ftp ” command

Step 6: Type F9.x Release Key in “User:”

Step 7: Type Endpoint IP access password in “Password:”.

Default password is TANDBERG unless changed.

Step 8: execute “hash” command

Step 9: execute “bin” command

Step 10: execute “put ” command (or put )

For example, “put s50000f9_1_2.pkg” for F9.1.2 software (please double check software name you download in step 1).

Step 11: Wait for file transfer to be completed then execute “bye” command to close ftp session.

Step 12: Reboot the codec manually by remote controller, from Web GUI, from telnet session, etc.

Your Endpoint should restart and booting up with F9.1.2 software.

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just checking, have you managed to upgrade your T6000MXP to F9.1.2 software version?

mendezh01
Level 1
Level 1

I need to do the same where did you go to download F9.1.2

You can download it from either of the two locations:

Also, if you're upgrading from F8 or below, you can contact TAC and point them to this security advisory, with it, you can get the MXP F9.3.1 software for free without the need of a service contract.