Views
Helpful
Replies

Tandberg C60 with CUCM 7.1

sujimansuadi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

One of my customer just bought a C60 and require me to integrate with CUCM. I've searched through out the net but i don't find any document eloborate on this integration. In order to register this C60 to my CUCM, is is the same procedure with adding any voice endpoint like how we adding a new phone?

Since in add new phone portion, there's an option for Tandberg Video Endpoint but it's running on top of SCCP. Should i choose third party SIP device instead? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

ss

10 Replies 10

e_hallworth
Level 1
Level 1

There are two ways you can connect the C60:

1) H323: Add the endpoint as a phone and select H323 endpoint. Be sure to set the appropriate CSS, location, AAR, H323 details, etc..

2) SIP (recommended): Add the endpoint as a phone and select SIP(Advanced). Be sure to add the MAC and device pool, CSS, location, AAR etc.

I don't bother with the Tandberg endpoint SCCP option, since it only works with older Tandberg models (1000MXP or older)

All the best,

-Eric

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your feedback.

Basically what i've done is:

1. Add SIP third party device endpoint (advance).

2. Set all necessary field such as Device Pool, Location, Line (Partition & CSS), SIP Profile, Device Security Profile.

3. I didn't associate with any digest user due to No authentication on C60 side.

the result i get is my SIP phone in rejected status.

Then i associate my SIP Phone with a digest user "test1" under Protocol Specific Information portion;

Under End User Management i chose user "test1" then set the credential to "12345".

In Phone security pofile i check the Enable Digest Authentication.

In C60, we set the authentication accordingly. But unfortunately, still all to no avail. I wonder is there anything i still missed?

btw, my

CUCM version is 7.1.3

C60 software version TC4.1.0

Thanks,

ss

Hi,

did you manage to get this working? i have mines registered but when trying to call to the CUCM it takes forever to establish the call. CUCM to C60 works fine.

yes, eventually we got it working. Once registered, we test video conference via H323 and do teleconference with 3rd participant using PSTN. everything work just fine.

What do you mean by make call to CUCM? are u using SIP or H323 endpoint for the Tandberg?

Hi,

thanks for the response. We are trying to connect the C69 to our CUCM system to enable video calling between both systems. ive configured on the CUCM a 3rd part SIP (Advanced) endpoint, associated the CSS and PARTITION (only one CSS and partition since its a lab). ive also setup the User and associated that user with the line.

On the tandberg, we have the SIP Profile configured with a username, im not seeing an option to place the password (Is this default?), proxy = CUCM address and finally the URI - format that i have is extension@CUCM_Address

The tandberg registers fine and i can place a video call from the CUCM to the C60 without any issues. However, when we try to place a call from the C60 to an extension on the CUCM, it takes about 30-60 seconds for the call to setup and complete.

ive tried turning the H323 mode on OFF but when we do this, it does not even attempt to make the call. it will sometimes say that the endpoint is busy (not exact words).

im assumed that we had to turn off H323 all togther but when we do this the call doesnt go through. im also assuming that the call setup is taking long since it is probably trying H323 then going SIP but there is where im a little lost.

we have the E20 working fine but i understand that this is a little different.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Hi SS,

I'm glad you eventually got this working with H323. Although it actually is easier to set it with the H323 protocol, eventually it's more sustainable with SIP.

With SIP I set it to (advanced) and included all the key elements like device pool, CSS, AAR, and location. I removed the checkmark "retry video as audio". I also set the device security profile to "SIP standard Non-secure" and the SIP profile to "SIP standard".

Sometimes the naming configuration can be a problem, so it's best to first test out a SIP-SIP call directly without using the CUCM at all. Just set your C60's to [NAME]@[IP ADDRESS} and try making a direct call. If it works then the next step is to add in the config to the CUCM. Keep in mind that the CUCM will not be able to transfer a H323 - SIP call.

Cheers!

-Eric

Hi There,

We have an EX60 and some C20's that we want to register to CUCM 7.1.5. The EXs are running TC5, but since we

don't have CUCM 8.6, there is no way to register them nativly. Does anyone have any steps to register to CUCM

7.1.5? I've configured an Advanced 3rd Party SIP phone with all the correct info, then I associated a user to

it.Here is what I have configured in the EX:

SIP

URI: phonenumber@PublisherServerIP

Default Transport: Auto

Proxy Type: Cisco

Proxy Discovery: Manual

Proxy Address: Publisher IP

Login Name: User1

Password: password

What am I missing to get this to register to the CUCM?

telecastle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am also trying to integrate Tandberg EX90 with CUCM 7.1(3). I have been able to register several EX90s with CUCM 7.1(3) as a Third-Party SIP Device (Advanced) and make calls from EX90 to CUCM phones (SCCP), from CUCM phones to EX90 and between EX90s. I was also able to make outbound PSTN calls from EX90s. The problem is that all the calls, including the calls between EX90s, are audio only (no video). Is there something that needs to be done to enable video between EX90s when they are registered using SIP with CUCM?

If I dial directly from one EX90 to another EX90 using the IP address, video comes up fine, but if I try to dial from one EX90 to another EX90 using the extension with which the receiving EX90 has registered with CUCM, I only get audio.

I am going to pull the SDI trace tomorrow and look at the SIP messages. From today's troubleshooting it appeared that at least when I was making a call from a SCCP phone to the EX90, the RTP stream was established from the SCCP phone to the CUCM's software MTU, and then from the CUCM's software MTU to the EX90. I am wondering if this is the reason why video does not get established. I have not yet looked at the traces when the call is made between two EX90 units. From my prior experience when registering SIP phones with CUCME, the RTP stream between two SIP UACs always flows through the CUCME. Apparently, CUCME does not support the "media flow-around" feature, whereas the IP2IP Gateway (CUBE) does support "media flow-around". I wonder if CUCM supports "media flow-around," i.e. the RTP stream from one EX90 to the other can flow directly between the two EX90s rather than going through the CUCM's MTU. 

Thanks!

Hello, do you have any details around getting your EX90's to call each other.  As trivial as it may sounds that is my issue currently only with C20 codecs.  I'm able to place calls back and forther from a 9971 to each C20 but when I try to call between the two C20's the call instantly fails.  Going to see if there is anything useful in the logs now but if you have any input you could pass along that would be great.

Thanks.

Hi There,

We have an EX60 and some C20's that we want to register to CUCM 7.1.5. The EXs are running TC5, but since we

don't have CUCM 8.6, there is no way to register them nativly. Does anyone have any steps to register to CUCM

7.1.5? I've configured an Advanced 3rd Party SIP phone with all the correct info, then I associated a user to

it.Here is what I have configured in the EX:

SIP

URI: phonenumber@PublisherServerIP

Default Transport: Auto

Proxy Type: Cisco

Proxy Discovery: Manual

Proxy Address: Publisher IP

Login Name: User1

Password: password

What am I missing to get this to register to the CUCM?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: