Replies

TANDBERG Codec C20 with software release TC4.0.3.243792

CHRISLIMET
Level 1
Level 1

Product: TANDBERG Codec C20 Software version: TC4.0.3.243792

SW release: 2011-01-25

Hello,

I have a C20 with a TC4.0.3.x old release, i would like to upgrade it to a later version to be able to make H323/SIP calls with an alias in front of the IP with direct connection (no gatekeeper). For instance: alias@IP. From my understanding this version TC4.0.3.x doesnt enable this type of call.

How can i upgrade safely from TC4.03.X which is obviously an obsolete version from 2011 now ? From TC4.x to TC5.x? then TC6.x ?

How can i get the release keys from Cisco to ensure the upgrades will not be rejected due to missing release keys?

Thanks for your help.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You need to have release keys to do major upgrade  for each version .

The same needs to be added prior to doing upgrade.

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

TC4.2 and later supports Annex O dialing without the need of a gatekeeper, see CSCtr32399.

The only current TC4 software avaliable for download is TC4.2.4, you can upgrade to it without the need of a release key since you won't be going from one major version to another.

Although, I suggest you upgrade to the lastest release, currently TC7.3.4.  TC7 will require a release key because you'll be going from one major version (TC4) to another (TC7).  You can request a release key from Cisco Licensing Portal > Get Other Licenses > TelePresence Software Release Key, as long as the device has an active support contract.  If you don't have an active support contract, you can contact TAC and get the release key for free by referencing security advisory cisco-sa-20150612-openssl, which can get you up to TC7.3.3.

Note: It would be best to move this question to the TelePresence section of the forums where these devices are activly discussed, and other can see it and be able to help if needed.  Post can be moved by editing it and changing the categories at the bottom.

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You need to have release keys to do major upgrade  for each version .

The same needs to be added prior to doing upgrade.

regds,

aman

Thanks Aman,

Can you also confirm that this version TC4.0.3.x doesnt enable H323 /SIP call with alia@IP ?

If not, which version in TC4.x could enable this type of call without release key ?

TC4.2 and later supports Annex O dialing without the need of a gatekeeper, see CSCtr32399.

The only current TC4 software avaliable for download is TC4.2.4, you can upgrade to it without the need of a release key since you won't be going from one major version to another.

Although, I suggest you upgrade to the lastest release, currently TC7.3.4.  TC7 will require a release key because you'll be going from one major version (TC4) to another (TC7).  You can request a release key from Cisco Licensing Portal > Get Other Licenses > TelePresence Software Release Key, as long as the device has an active support contract.  If you don't have an active support contract, you can contact TAC and get the release key for free by referencing security advisory cisco-sa-20150612-openssl, which can get you up to TC7.3.3.

Note: It would be best to move this question to the TelePresence section of the forums where these devices are activly discussed, and other can see it and be able to help if needed.  Post can be moved by editing it and changing the categories at the bottom.

Thanks Patrick for the detailled response this was actually the expected response.

I had logged a case to request an uprgade release key to TC7.3.3.

Thanks.

Thanks Patrick for your reply. I have now a release key. Do you advise me to upgrade TC4.0.3.243792 to TC7.3.3 directly or should i upgrade with intermediate versions ?

Hi ,

I recently did upgradation from TC 3 to TC 7  and followed intermediate intermediate versions i.e. from 3 to 4, 4 to 5 , 5 to 6 and then, finally 6 to 7

I added release key for each version before doing upgrading to desired version.

regds,

aman

You could upgrade to each major version first, but since you don't have a support contract it might be difficult to obtain all the required release keys and software. You could do an upgrade straight to TC7, I've known people that have done so. On another note, be sure to read all the release notes so you can understand any changes that were made that might affect your deployment. 

Hi,

I would upgrade to v5 first ant then jump to v7. This is what i've done before and it worked fine.

Hello Paul

I was able to upgrade from 4.x to TC6.0.1.65adebe thanks for your comments.

Anyway i have valid release key for 7.x but the access is now restricted to valid service contracts and i got a case TAC which confirmed my expiration. Referencing to the seucirty advisory do you have a link available to get it ?

Thanks for your help.

You might have to ask the TAC engineer you got the release key from if they can provide the TC7 software.

As Patrick said - the TAC engineer who gave you the Release Key should also be able to provide you with the software.  There are a number of ways they can do this and have done for me in the past, such as via a WebEX session file transfer, on cisco.box.com, or with a special rights elevation on the Cisco Download site (I'm sure there are other ways too).

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hello Wayne,

Thanks, yes i also thought i would be entitled to download the 7.x version but the change in the policy of Cisco implies now that if you don't have a valid contract support you can't access these latest versions. I thought it could be possible

"My name is Cindy and I am the new owner of your TAC Case number 637159637.  We regret to inform you that we do not find a basis to entitle your request for downloading the particular software image that you requested.  The serial number you provided to licensing, ****, is not covered under a service support contract.  

Starting Nov 9, 2010, Cisco began enforcing software entitlement based on active contracts covered in profiles and will only allow you to download software for the active products covered in the contracts that are associated with your profile.  Because your serial number is not covered under contract, you are not able to download the software.

Please talk to your partner about putting this device under contract if you wish to update the software.

Best Regards, "

One other option is to speak to your Account Manger and explain the situation, they could get you the software if they're understanding enough. 

Found the releases on another site, will just ensure the checksum is correct.

Thanks for the help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: