Views
Helpful
Replies

Tandberg Content Server enter idle mode suddenly

Omar Abdelhalim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Tanbderg content server V.4, enter the idle mode suddenly, and so this server couldn't be accessed from Network, widows server went down,VGA output disconnected, and the server must be restarted.

please, advice how to solve this issue?

Thanks

Omar Mahmoud

4 Replies 4

mfisher
Level 1
Level 1

Has this only happened once or does it continue to happen after you booted?  Did you recently upgrade?  How much space do you have remaining on the server?

Hi Michael,

this issue happens every time i booted the serevr.

i didn't upgrade the server since i installed it.

this server have recorded only two small V.C session.

i found that, this issue almost happens when the server tried to logon the windows, but when i goto the bios menu and let the server on this mode, the issue didn't occur.

i tried to use a usb CD-Rom to boot with hiren CD, to use the mini-windows, the same issue happens also.

so, from your view, where's may be the problem?

Thanks

Omar

Just to clarify when you close out the wizard to exit idle mode it doesnt go back into idle until the server is rebooted?

Id most certainly recommend upgradign to 5.3 as there has been a number of bug fixes since rev 4

Just last week I had a similar issue as you Omar, one of the TCSs in our cluster was showing status of "idle", and all I had to do was start the TCS Wizard and then cancel out of it to bring it back online.

What generation TCS do you have?  If it's..

• 1st Gen, then S5.1
  • 2nd Gen, then S5.3.1
  • 3rd Gen, then S6.x

is the software version you want to upgrade to, those are the current software release versions for each generation of TCS out now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: