Views
Helpful
Replies

Tandberg E20,EX90 and C20 upgrade

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Dear Experts,

I have Tandberg endpoints with old versino and I want to upgrade them so it can be natively registered to CUCM.

C20 version is T3.1.2

EX9- version is T3.1.2

E20 I am not sure with version.

I want to upgrade C20 and EX90 to version T7.0 and E20 to version T4.1

what is the required for the upgrade, what is the steps ? is there any intermediate version in the upgrade or we can do direct upgrade to the latest.

Thanks in advance

Anas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ravi Yadav
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

You can move forward with a direct upgrade . Thats not an issue however its compatibilty with cucm version depends.
As Olexsander already asked for the cucm verion that is critical info just in case you are not running on an latest/compatible version and not in a situation to upgrade cucm.

Regards
Ravi kr.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Hi Anas

Which CUCM version you use ?

br Oleksandr

Ravi Yadav
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

You can move forward with a direct upgrade . Thats not an issue however its compatibilty with cucm version depends.
As Olexsander already asked for the cucm verion that is critical info just in case you are not running on an latest/compatible version and not in a situation to upgrade cucm.

Regards
Ravi kr.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Hi Ravi/Oleksandr,

right now I use ccm version 7. I upgrade the CCM to version 9.1.2

as I understand, I proceed with direct upgrade for tandberg devices.

thanks in advance

Anas

After upgrade  CUCM to 9.x you can use tandberg devices with your CUCM as native.

br Oleksandr

Hi Oleksandr,

I know after upgrading the CCM to version 9.x it will be natively registered.

I am asking about tandberg device upgrade. I need to confirm that the upgrade is direct without intermediate version.

thanks in advance

Anas

Hi Anas,

Yes You can.

Only on the EX90 i would suggest upgrading to TC5.X and then to TC 7.

even though you can go forward for a direct upgrade however , i would suggest go this way. only on EX.

Regards

Ravi kr.

Hi Ravi,

What is the reason behind the staged upgrade on an EX?  I personally haven't had any issues jumping releases on any of my EX90s (although I do believe they all went through a TC5 step at some point in time)?

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate?

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hey Wayne,

EX 90 is running on TC3.X

The only reason i requested for a mid upgrade on the Ex series was just to be cautious to save any issues with touch panel upgrade.

At times i have seen some of the touch panel failing to upgrade and later on says Touch firmware too old  something like that.

Regards

Ravi Kr.

csrlima
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all,

Iā€™m trying to upgrade C60 old version  TC2.0.0.191232 to a better one . In my case , codec is registered in VCS or TMS

Some  questions about Upgrade C60 old version to a new one compatible:

1-Can I upgrade this until which version? Can I upgrade from TC2.x to 7.x or 8.x ?

2-Do I need any software key  or license to migration?

3-Do I need intermediates upgrade from TC2.x to 7.x ( like I read 2.x -> 5.x ->7.x ) ?

4-Do I need to check some compatibility between VCS and TMS for this upgrade?

Best Regards

C Series only supports TC software, so you can go up to whatever it's latest version is.

You'll need to obtain a release key to upgrade the software, as you'll be going from one major version to another, ie: TC2 to TC7, minor version upgrades don't require a release key as those stay within the same major version, ie: TC7.0 to TC7.3.x.  Note, starting with TC6.1 and later, release keys are no longer required and you'll only need an active support contract associated to your Cisco.com account to download the software.  You can obtain a release key from the Cisco Licensing Portal > Get Other Licenses > TelePresence Software Release Key, the endpoint will need an active support contract to obtain a release key, however if you do not have one, you can contact TAC with security advisory cisco-sa-20160504-tpxml to possibly obtain the software for free.

You should be able to upgrade directly to TC7.x, however be sure to read through all the release notes, as to be sure to take note of any changes in behavior or features with the endpoint.

You don't mention what version of TMS and VCS you have, but they should be fine, it's suggested you run one of the most recent versions if not the current version of both.

Thank you very much

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: