Views
Helpful
Replies

Tandberg edge 95 dvi problem

salem
Level 1
Level 1

Tandberg edge 95 is working fine with dvi to vga converter but 

Not show anything with dvi to hdmi converter.

Converter is working fine with another edge 95.

Firmware is 9.3.4 pal

6 Replies 6

dkupper
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello Salem,

It has been quite a while since I have worked with a Tandberg Codec, but if my memory is correct, I believe that some of the MXP codecs were HD capable and others were not.  If your Tandberg Edge-95 has the letters “HD” on the back near one of the inputs or outputs, then it might work with DVI to HDMI, but if it is not an HD Codec, then it probably won’t work.  Also, if your Edge-95 works with VGA (which is Analog), but not HDMI which is HD, then that could be the clue, but I know that some would work with both types depending on adapters/connectors, graphics cards built-in on the Codec. 

There are different types of DVI connectors/adapters, and not all types are compatible with specific signal types. 

There is DVI-A, DVI-I, DVI-D,

DVI-A is analog

DVI-D is Digital

DVI-I is both Analog and Digital, I can’t remember what the I stands for. 

The other consideration is HDMI uses HDCP encryption that is Copyright Protection, so that could be a factor as to why it is not working. 

So if your MXP is not “HD,” then that could be a reason that DVI to HDMI is not working, it could also be HDCP Encryption that is preventing it from working. 

The other thing I would like to point out is that the Edge 95 is far past End of Life, so you probably won’t be able to get any support on it, unless you somehow still have a support contract on it.  There has been several generations that came after the MXP codecs, there were the C-Series and EX Series, then there were the SX and DX Series Codecs, and now they are on Webex Room Series, Board Series, and Desk Series Codecs.  Once you get passed the C-Series and EX-Series, the code is changed from TC to CE Code, both are available in the SX series but newer than that it is only the CE code that is available. 

Below is a link that explains DVI and HDMI types, compatibility, etc. 

https://www.ramelectronics.net/DVI_info.aspx

I hope that helps.

Thank you,

Daryl

Thanks daryl,

But sometimes has image then black

(Appear   disappear)

Appear disappear  for two or three times

Then fully disappear

That's typically a cable length/quality problem if the signal comes and goes.

No, 

The same device working fine.

The Edge95 is really an ancient system, and you should consider replacing it with something newer if you're using it in a production environment.   The Edge95 went end of support on 31 May 2018 - so over three years ago!

If you say it works on one of your devices, but doesn't work on another, have you compared the configurations of the two systems to see if there are any configuration differences that are causing your issues?  If not, it's likely to be a cabling or hardware issue.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.