cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tandberg Edge 95

AndriesDormehl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,  Can someone please assist?  I have a Tandberg Edge 95 that i have connected 2 monitors to.. The main monitor is connected to the DVi Out o th back of the unit.  The secondary monitor is connected to the Composite Video (1.Dual) output on the unit.  When i want to send content (my PC) to the far end as a presentation, i can also see it on my main monitor, but I want to see the far end camera on the secondary display. I can currently only see the PC or the local camera on the secondary display.  I have tried a combination of settings, but cannot get the far end camera to display on the secondary monitor while I have the PC content on the Main screen.  I have also tried the S-VID output and the Composite Video (2.Single) output without any success.  Can someone please tell me how to make it work?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

We have a number of Edge95MXP using dual screens and are AMX controlled - works well.

However, all of the programming is done for us by people you really know their AMX programming and the TANDBERG/Cisco products - which helps.

jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

deamanga
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Andries

If you use two monitors on the Edge, first make sure that Dual Monitor is set to "On" you will have following video regarding the second monitor:

On : Selfview, snapshots and Dual Stream will be displayed on the second monitor.

Off: The second monitor shows selfview only.

How to use Selfview:

1. Outside a call, pressing the Selfview button will switch between the near end video and a

black screen/logo on the main monitor.

2. In a point to point call, press the Selfview button once to switch from far end video to near

end video to see a full screen picture of the outgoing video. Press Selfview again to go

back to normal.

3. In a point to point call with a dual video stream, the dual stream is displayed in the big

picture. Press the Selfview button to toggle to the Near End picture, then the Far End

picture, and finally back to the dual stream.

Note the Dual Stream (DuoVideoTF/H.239)(Optional feature - not available on all systems)

You see the live presentation and the live video of the presenter simultaneously.

When you start a presentation, Dual Stream starts automatically if both local and remote system

supports Dual Stream. If one of the systems does not support Dual Stream, no second video

stream will be established and your presentation will be shown as your main video.

Hi Dean,

Thanks for the info.  We have tried all the things you said.  Am I correct in understanding that there is no way of getting the far end camera on the second display (Compostie Video Output) while having the PC presentation on the main display during a call?

Robert Krenn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Andries,

The Edge series, as you noted, only support one HD output.

So for Dual Display you need to decide wich screen should be used as the High resolution monitor.

You can choose either to have the VGA Out Mode as MAIN (Nice crisp HD image for the main video, Crap composit SD video for secondary/presentation video) or choose to have VGA Out Mode as DUAL (Crap SD video for Main video, nice crisp HD image for the presentation).

You can not (easily) swap this behaviour during a call.

My recomendation is to use the system as a SINGLE screen system and not use the tha Composit monitor at all.

//Robert

Thanks Robert,

Unfortunately the client wants to have 2 screens.

Andries

You can probably do something like you want if you have an external control system (Crestrom, AMX or such...) that configure the MXP using the API on the fly when you use it... however I guess the cost for such a solution is higher than buying a new Quick Set C20.

//Robert

Hi Robert,

That can happen.  The system already has AMX for control. are you able to tell me what my programmer needs to do to get it working like that?

Andries

Hello Andries!

The Edge series and the C20 are no "integrator" products, so the control / CLI functionality might be limted!

By the requirement: control panel and dual screen, I would point to a system >= C40.

Good luck.

Dont forget to vote the answers, this is what motivates us here to answer questions!

If your question is answered please mark it as answered, thx.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Andries,

No I can not tell them what to do, I think they need to find that out by themselves. And As Martin say, the Edge is not suitable for integration on such a level where you get all the feedback of what is hapening in the conferenvce. However, I do  believe it's possible to do what you are after, if you have a good programmer that know how the Edge works. But still, I would'nt spend any time or money doing it, better to upgrade the system.

//Robert

We have a number of Edge95MXP using dual screens and are AMX controlled - works well.

However, all of the programming is done for us by people you really know their AMX programming and the TANDBERG/Cisco products - which helps.

jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Thanks for everybody's responses. We have managed to get the required result by using an Extron switcher to send the required signals to the monitors. And Yes... the Edge95 is very limited.

Thanks again

Andries

I do not think you will have a sufficient solution just with a switcher. What happen when the far end send you a presentation and you have the mxp dual output set to the composite output!?

//Robert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: