Views
Helpful
Replies

TANDBERG Edge 95MXP SIP listening port

georgi.kiritsov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm having problems with some old Tandberg systems. It's about SIP configuration.

Systems are with public IP and when I enable SIP they start receiving SIP calls from scanners.

My question : is it possible to disable SIP listening port on old Tandberg video endpoints(like the SX20 etc software where this is available) and they only receive/make calls through SIP proxy, so all calls coming from different addresses to be rejected.

I did some research, but so far no luck.

Moving systems behind firewall is an option but only as a last resort.

Regards,

2 Replies 2

Lawrence James
Level 1
Level 1

hello it looks like it is not possible to change the listening port you can change the default port to the SIP server. I don't know if that will change the listening behavior I doubt it.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/mxp-series/f8/api_reference_guide/tandberg_mxp_reference_user_guide_for_system_integrators_f8.pdf

Page 113

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There is no solution for the MXPs like there is the the codecs that run TC software such as the C/EX/MX/SX Series of endpoints.  Your best solution is to move them behind the firewall.  If you're using a VCS or SIP registrar, then you should do this anyway, and use the call control server as the single entry/exit point from your network.