cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tandberg EX90

mgudell
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know what type of phone I should define a Tandberg EX90 in Call Manager 7.1?  I am inclined to define it as a third party SIP (advanced), but telepresence and H.323  look like they might apply as well.

23 Replies 23

Rashimi,

I don't think you need TC 5.0 to register as a 3rd party SIP device to CUCM. You need TC 5.0 to register natively to CUCM 8.6.

Regards,

Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Does anyone know of an ETA on the TC5.0? I can't find it in the downloads section.

I can't help but think 'typical cisco' to parade around the fact CUCM 8.6 can have it natively register, but then not have the firmware released for it to actually happen...

TC5 from what I know is expected around Sep/Oct timeframe.

allan.mancera
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Guys:

Has anyone managed to register a EX90 in a CUCM 8.5 as a SIP Third Party device? I've tried all the solutions online and none works. Also tried to register it as an H.323 Client and Gateway and it doesn't work either. The only way I found to get outgoing and incoming calls to the EX90 is a SIP trunk from the CUCM to the EX90. Could someone tell me if they have got this box registered to the CUCM and how?.

Thanks in advance

Allan O. Mancera

Hi Allan,

I gave it a go, but the furthest I got was CUCM rejecting the SIP registration from the EX90 at which point I gave up and just registered it with our video conferencing infrastructure instead.

If you get it working, please let us know!

Mark

toormehdi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

It only worked with firmware version 3.X. All other versions would have CUCM saying registration rejected.

Even with EX90 fw 3.X and registering as third party sip device is painful, as there are no SIP dial rules. Every time you dial a number, it waits for interdigit timer to expire before call gets completed. Its frustrating.

I end creating a gatekeeper on one of the ISRs and it worked like a charm.

Toor

Thanks Toor, much appreciated.

Looking forward for TC5 getting released!

Mark

Well, first of all, thanks Mark and Toor. I've tried all of the posible combinations SIP Third Party Basic and Advanced without any luck, at most I got the rejected message with and without authentication. Tried to register it as an H.323 Client and Server and the same luck, it seems the CUCM 8.5 sees the endpoint but there is no communications with it. At the end I've set up a SIP trunk between CUCM and the EX90 (Default CUCM SIP trunk, no special configurations in the CUCM, SIP) configuration in the endpoint as it was going to be registered in CUCM and it works.

The SIP Trunk actually works really well with video and audio (using regions I could set up the BW up the 1 MB didn't try further) the down side of this is that the endpoint shows a big "Not Registered" sign always but you can place and receive calls.

I'll try the ISR GK advice and go with that, its just a waste of time trying to get something to work which was not design for it, even more when the announcment of the TC5 promises "Native" support for the endpoint (which we'll have to validate in its proper time).

Thanks for the time guys and hope this information about the SIP trunk is useful, at least in a lab environment.

best regards

Allan O. Mancera

Allan,

Can you send some screenshots of the SIP trunk configuration for your EX90?

Thanks,

Yefim

ysapoz@stewart.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: