cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tandberg MXP codecs - Remember my credentials

jeremy smith
Level 1
Level 1

Minor annoyance but would love to find a solution.

We frequently access our older MXP codecs (latest FW on them) via the web gui, by putting in the IP address into internet explorer 11.  The web UI does not refresh properly or respond well in other browsers we have tried, but works well in ie 11 with Compatibility Mode enabled.  We are all using Windows 7 Enterprise in a domain environment.

So, when we put the URL into the browser and get the pop-up password prompt, the "Remember my credentials" has never worked.  I would like for "Remember my credentials" to remember the name and password for the codec.

I realize this is probably a Windows or IE problem, but I thought perhaps someone else has come across the same thing and worked out a solution to get IE to remember the name and password for the codec.

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It turns out, I've found there's a Windows GPO in effect that causes this:

Network access: Do not allow storage of passwords and credentials for network authentication

located in

Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options

I was able to test the password-saving on a non-domain computer where I could set it to Disabled and on there the passwords saved fine.

Here is some more information about this setting if anyone else may be experiencing this issue:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/security-policy-settings/network-access-do-not-allow-storage-of-passwords-and-credentials-for-network-authentication

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Maybe there is something in your configuration that is preventing this from working.  I have some old MXP95s here that I haven't finished decommissioning yet.  IE11 (11.431.16299.0 to be precise) works fine remembering the username and password.  I also don't have any issues with Chrome 66.

Given that the MXPs are all completely End of Support now, I'd recommend that you investigate replacing them with something newer and supportable.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

It turns out, I've found there's a Windows GPO in effect that causes this:

Network access: Do not allow storage of passwords and credentials for network authentication

located in

Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options

I was able to test the password-saving on a non-domain computer where I could set it to Disabled and on there the passwords saved fine.

Here is some more information about this setting if anyone else may be experiencing this issue:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/security-policy-settings/network-access-do-not-allow-storage-of-passwords-and-credentials-for-network-authentication

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: