Views
Helpful
Replies

Tandberg MXP880 - ISDN Line question

jcatimpo14
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Hope you can give me some insights with the issue we are having with this device. Before we are using 3 ISDN2 Lines for the codec as the need to have a faster connection we had decided to add one last ISDN2 line, so we use the ISDN BRI4 for this one. prior to this we have a maximum 384KBPS and we are expecting to have a 512KBPS with the additional ISDN2 Line. But here is the problem:

we changed all the contacts preset already for the ISDN speed to 512Kbps. Added the number to the ISDN BRI4 settings.. Tested the number by calling from a regular phone and it's ringing(we can see the notification on the screen that there is an incoming call.). However, when we use the the device to call to one of our site in Thailand (which uses ISDN30) we cannot get 512Kbps or vice-versa. Yesterday i checked the diagnostics during the call and this is what is see:

IMG_4772.JPG

funny thing is, on the second video call i had made the BRI4 states disconnected and made a confirmation with the ISP compan from thailand that we are indeed just using 3 numbers to call out the 4th line is not active..

what am I missing here? does this one still need a bandwidth option key (which is ridiculous if YES!)

hope you can help me out guys.

TIA!!

14 Replies 14

jcatimpo14
Level 1
Level 1

saw this upgrade list on the internet. does it mean that the 880 is only capable of going up to 384kbps?? then what is the reason of having 4 BRI connections on the codec????

then I saw this

damn, is it what i think it is???? need to upgrade to 990MXP because the 990 supports up to 512kbps??

THIS IS UNFAIR.

That is correct. 770, 880 and 990 MXPs are all using the same hardware platform, and all can be upgraded by purchasing the relevant option key(s) - so yes, if you want 512 then that's what you have to do.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Jens is correct.

770MXP/880MXP/990MXP are using same HW and 880MXP with 384kpbs/1.1Mbps bandwidth option only enable 3 BRI capability.

Upgrade 880MXP to 990MXP and then install new bandwidth option key for 512kbps/2Mbps will enable 4 BRI on 990MXP setup codec.

Hi guys,

thanks for the info..

so just to be clear, i will be needing 2 upgrade keys? one for 880 to 990 upgarde then bandwidth option key for 990MXP for 512kbps??

this is an overkill. why at the first place they will put 4 BRI connections on the device if it cannot handle up to 512kbps and why would they put the option on the codec to connect to 512kbps if it's not gonna work with the keys..

You will need two keys for your case.

One for product key to migrate 880MXP to 990MXP (converting codec menu from 880MXP to 990MXP).

Other for activating 512kbps ISDN capability on code (same time increase IP connection bandwidth from 1.1Mbps to 1920kbps).

"this is an overkill. why at the first place they will put 4 BRI  connections on the device if it cannot handle up to 512kbps and why  would they put the option on the codec to connect to 512kbps if it's not  gonna work with the keys.. "

Simple; all of these units use the same hardware platform and not all customers require 512 over ISDN, nor do all customers require 2Mbps over IP. So I guess doing it this way was a way to give customers a choice on how much they wanted to spend and for TANDBERG to increase their offerings of roombased systems back then.

It's all about the money in the end.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

jcatimpo14
Level 1
Level 1

Ok guys now i have the keys.. i finished entering the BW key but the other one which is an upgrade is giving me a problem..

it says the the key is not valid.. I tried to enter it at software option, BW and the RELEASE KEY.. on release KEY is asking me to browse for a file but i do not have a file.. can you help me guys?

the key i am trying to enter is for upgrade from MXP880 to MXP990

Product Name                  : L-MXP-PAK
Product Qty                    : 1
Product Authorization Key      :   36xxxxxxxx
Sales Order Number             : 126xxxxx
Options Included               Serial Number         License Key
L-SETTOP990-BW                 3xxxxxx               xxxxxxx
L-SET880TO990                 3xxxxxx              xxxxxxxxxx

BW option key is 16 digits long.

Can you confirm the key 16 digits long?

Otherwise please send me SN and option key you received, so I can verify it for you.

hi tom,

both are 16 digits

Are you adding those keys on right location (if adding from WebGUI)?

Try adding option key by using API command.

xConfiguration OptionKey Features: ""

xConfiguration OptionKey Bandwidth: ""

im doing it from gui tom

Can you try adding option key by using API (listed above) or send me SN of your T990MXP codec and option keys you received from Cisco (to my e-mail, tomtanig@cisco.com).

I will double check the option key for you.

sent... pls help    

Thanks, option key is correct but instruction on same e-mail is not clear enough.

I sent new instruction over the e-mail using exact option key for your Codec.

Please try it and hope that will resolve your issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: