cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tandberg Precision HD camera out of focus

craigallen
Level 1
Level 1

I have the subject cameras hooked up to C40 codecs in all my conference rooms. This morning I discovered that one has gone myopic. It will not come into focus. I did not inherit any manuals for this equipment when I took this job so I'm kinda shooting in the dark. I have the camera on my desk but haven't found a way to open it and to allow me to manuallyadjust the iris. It will move in and out with the controls on the remote, but it never focuses on anything except its own lens cover, showing all the dust and such in lovely clarity. The room however remains a blur through both ends of the iris' spectrum. Iswapped the camera with one from another room and that camera works fine on the codec, while the blurry camera is still blurry on the other codec, so codec problems are eliminated. Can anyone please offer any advice. Thank you in advance.

Craig Allen

Zane Networks

US Army Northern Regional Medical Command     

4 Replies 4

mubakhta
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Craig,

First of all, good job done to isolate the problem is with the camera. A couple of questions I have. Which camera are you using ?? Is it a 4X or 12X?

We have seen some known issues with camera softwares on both cameras. So it would be helpful to provide the softwareID for the camera. You can find that in the following logs:

xstatus camera 1

*s Camera 1 Connected: True

*s Camera 1 HardwareID: "50000000"

*s Camera 1 Manufacturer: "TANDBERG"

*s Camera 1 Model: "PrecisionHD 1080p 12X"

*s Camera 1 SoftwareID: "S01718-4.0FINAL [ID:40075] 2012-01-25"

So the camera model and software ID can be found in the xstatus. Also please try to run the following command on the codec to force the camera to autofocus:

xcommand Camera TriggerAutofocus CameraId:1

Please let me know if this changes the blurry image.

Thanks

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Hi Mubashshir,

Thank you for the response. The model looks to be the  4x. I cannot find anywhere on the web interface that identifies the  camera model or SW version. I do not know how to get to the xstatus or  xcommands. The web interface does not appear to have those features. As  soon as I can figure out how to enter the auto focus command I will do  that. The codec type is C40.

Thank you,

Craig Allen

Zane Networks

US Army Northern Regional Medical Command

Hi Craig,

For the commands above, you need to login to the codec via Telnet/SSH. You will need a terminal program like Putty. Once you SSH into the codec, you would be asked to login, please login with 'admin' & password in case if you have set one.

Once done, you should be able to provide the information listed above.

Thanks

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Ok, having finally been able to telnet into the codec this is what I came up with:

xstatus camera 1

*s Camera 1 Connected: True

*s Camera 1 HardwareID: "0f000000"

*s Camera 1 Manufacturer: "TANDBERG"

*s Camera 1 Model: "PrecisionHD 720p"

*s Camera 1 SoftwareID: "S01692-3.0Final [ID:30038] 2009-08-27"

*s Camera 1 SerialNumber: ""

*s Camera 1 IpAddress: ""

*s Camera 1 MacAddress: ""

*s Camera 1 Position Pan: 400

*s Camera 1 Position Tilt: 60

*s Camera 1 Position Zoom: 0

*s Camera 1 Position Focus: 4196

*s Camera 1 Capabilities Options: "ptzf"

** end

When I tried the autofocus command it returned the following:

xcommand Camera triggerAutoFocus CameraId:1                                                                                                                        

OK

*r TriggerAutofocusResult (status=OK):

** end

However it had no affect on the camera and it's still not coming into focus. Short of replacement, are there anything other options I can try?

Thank you for the help.

Craig Allen

Zane Networks

US Army Northern Regional Medical Comman