cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tandberg Profile 52 - Upgrade Path for the C40 Running TC 4.2.1.265253.

tdunlap01
Level 1
Level 1

Recognizing that my inherited unit is EOL, it still has value as a teleconferencing endpoint.  I just need someone to point me in the right direction to determine the upgrade path that I should follow.

1. Configuration file shows a valid release key and the Option NaturalPresenter. 

2. Is it possible to upgrade to the latest firmware version? 

3. Do you have to increment the firmware updates 4.2.4, then 5, then 6 then 7.3.6? or just go to 7.3.6?

4. Is a Release Key and Option Key required for each of these upgrades? or keys are automatically retained and reused?

5. Are there any other issues that I should consider?

Many thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, it will be possible to upgrade to a current software release - but you will need to have an active service contract on the device (or refer to some of the critical security vulnerabilities) to get access to the software via the TAC.

You will need to step your upgrade process to upgrade such an old version.  You should be able to go from your current software load to TC5.1.13 (which you will need a release key to do), then from TC5.1.13 to TC6.3.5, (which doesn't require a release key), then to the latest TC7.3.18 (again, no release key is required - they were only for versions before TC6).

There are many changes to the operation of the unit between TC4 and TC7, so I'd suggest you read all the release notes for TC5, TC6 and TC7 to check for anything that may affect your environment.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

1. It has been a while since I had to do that upgrade.  Wayne is correct, but I believe one of the TC versions you have to do it from say TC5 to TC5.5.  That is just an example and that software may not be available.  If you SSH to the device you can watch the upgrade process.  Remember this.  If the upgrade fails from a whole dot version to another dot version, install an in between version.  Also, network latency plays a role on the older versions.   make sure you are local if your having repeated failures.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, it will be possible to upgrade to a current software release - but you will need to have an active service contract on the device (or refer to some of the critical security vulnerabilities) to get access to the software via the TAC.

You will need to step your upgrade process to upgrade such an old version.  You should be able to go from your current software load to TC5.1.13 (which you will need a release key to do), then from TC5.1.13 to TC6.3.5, (which doesn't require a release key), then to the latest TC7.3.18 (again, no release key is required - they were only for versions before TC6).

There are many changes to the operation of the unit between TC4 and TC7, so I'd suggest you read all the release notes for TC5, TC6 and TC7 to check for anything that may affect your environment.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

1. It has been a while since I had to do that upgrade.  Wayne is correct, but I believe one of the TC versions you have to do it from say TC5 to TC5.5.  That is just an example and that software may not be available.  If you SSH to the device you can watch the upgrade process.  Remember this.  If the upgrade fails from a whole dot version to another dot version, install an in between version.  Also, network latency plays a role on the older versions.   make sure you are local if your having repeated failures.

With the assistance of the Global Licensing folks I have been able to make the upgrade work.  Took a little work but persistence works.  Did not have to jump off the Cisco bridge.  Now to getting the system to function properly.  Thanks for all the support.