Views
Helpful
Replies

Tandberg TMS v13.2.1 - Windows Activation Issue

Giovanni Ceci
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all,

We recently had some issues with our TMS where when we tried to RDP to it, it would immediately boot us off and we couldn't get in. We then tried to KVM to the machine, there was no ability to log in (screen, keyboard and mouse were unresponsive). So we decided to power off the machine and power it on. Once the device came up, we were able to RDP and log in again, however it came up with a "Windows Activation Required" screen. The TMS has no internet so we can't activate that way. I tried to activate windows via Automated phone system, but it gives us an error that it's not a valid product.

The version of TMS is 13.2.1. It's running Windows Server 2008 SP1. Has anyone come across this issue? And should I contact Microsoft or Cisco for this problem?

Thanks,

John

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Zac Colton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to track down who upgraded the TMS appliance to Windows Server 2008. Cisco only supports the appliance with the original operating system (Windows 2003).

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

John,

Are you using TMS appliance provided by Cisco or a standard server?

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Hey Paulo,

I was told this from the guy who built the Telepresence solution, the TMS server is an OEM build by Tandberg. So I would say that it was provided by Cisco/Tandberg.

Thanks,

John

Are you sure? Because the old TMS appliance comes with Windows 2003 and not 2008, unless you have upgraded the Windows. Can you confirm if what you have is a Cisco/Tandberg appliance indeed? If it is really from Cisco, how did you upgrade to the version 2008? How was the license generated?

You can discover it by checking the serial number of your TMS, if it starts with 80BXXX, so it is really TMS appliance from Cisco/Tandberg.

Anyway, If this is really a Cisco appliance, you need a valid support contract in order to have assitance from Cisco TAC.

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Hey Paolo,

It actually is Windows 2008 Enterprise Server. Not sure why that is installed if you're saying that 2003 should be installed. I don't know if the contracter who installed the solution upgraded the Windows version.

Also, I checked the serial number, and it does start with 80BXXX, so it is a TMS appliance. What do you think?

Thanks,

John

Zac Colton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to track down who upgraded the TMS appliance to Windows Server 2008. Cisco only supports the appliance with the original operating system (Windows 2003).

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: