Views
Helpful
Replies

TC console 6.2 layout problems

Darren McKinnon
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 questions/issues around TC Console 6.2:

1. I have created 2 custom layouts for my C60 and disabled all others.  I have setup the layouts accordingly and syncronized with my C60, but when I press layout on the remote, only the active layout appears as an option, unless I am presenting... then I can see both layouts.  same if I'm in a call or not.

2. The custom layouts I have created are not appearing in the codec's web interface.  Should they?

thanks!

Darren

TC console 6.2

C60 - TC6.3

5 Replies 5

Darren McKinnon
Level 1
Level 1

Also, when trying to choose to show Other Main on both monitors, it will make one of the monitors black only.  I haven't used TC console since Version 3, but I don't remember having these issues.

From above, in #1, I had local main on the 1st screen and other main on the 2nd screen.  I switched them around, and now I am seeing both layout options. 

Is there something buggy going on?

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Darren,

To address question 2: any of the custrom TC Console layouts are not available via the web interfacem just the default 5 (Auto, Equal, Priminent, Overlay, Single).

For question 1, Have you tried using the menu ordering button to change the order of the layouts so your new layouts are near the top - this might make them accessible.  Make sure that your layouts are not set to hidden on different layouts as well.

For your "black window" issue - you try using the "Active Speaker" option rather than "Other Main"

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne, thansk for your reponse.  Too bad about the custom layouts not being avialable on the web interface. 

I did change the menu order and hid all off the unwanted layouts.  My custom layouts are #1 and #2.

for the black window, I was trying to use Other Main for both spots.  During presentations, I want Other Main in a small window over the presenation, and Other main on the 1st screen.  We got it to work by putting Active Speaker in the window above the presentation.

Don't you think that I should be able to put other main on both screen if I want?  isn't that the power of these integrated systems, and the point of TC Console?

Hi Darren,

Yes, I would have thought that "Other Main" should have worked too... but if you have a close look at the default layouts, they all use "Active Speaker" and not "Other Main" hence my suggestion for you to give that a try.  That should work for a single site call - for multi-site, it could get a little funky.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Another option, introduced with TC Console 6.2 is to use the "Participant 1", "Participant 2", "Participant 3" windows instead of "Other Main" or "Active Speaker"... This could help with your layout(s), and with any multi-site layout too.

Wayne

--

Wayne

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: