cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TC Console 6.x remote layouts

Joel Stanfield
Level 1
Level 1

The local and remote layouts are created under the same name, but it appears that they are menu selected separately. I would have liked to have both activated together using the layout button via IR remote. Is this correct that the only way the remote layout changes is via the soft-key labeled Remote layout?

Also found the remote layout holds the last selected one even when a new call causes a new default to be active. You need to activate the last used one, then you need to select a different one then reselect the original.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Joel,

I don't think there's any easy way you can switch both layouts simultaneously with the Remote.

For all the purposes we need to do this, we use the Compositor API functionality from an external control system to change both the local and remote layouts.

I'd suggest if you really need to be able to do this with the remote that you log a Feature Request through your Cisco Account Manager for possible inclusion in a future release.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Joel,

I don't think there's any easy way you can switch both layouts simultaneously with the Remote.

For all the purposes we need to do this, we use the Compositor API functionality from an external control system to change both the local and remote layouts.

I'd suggest if you really need to be able to do this with the remote that you log a Feature Request through your Cisco Account Manager for possible inclusion in a future release.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Joel Stanfield
Level 1
Level 1

One additional anomaly I have, the custom layouts do not all consistently show up in the menu for local choices. Sometimes more will show up (not in a call) when I rearrange the menu order or when I include a predefined layout (Equal). Note I have three cameras on a C90 and the problem layouts seem to be ones using a single camera. Also when in a call fewer yet local layouts show.