cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TC7.3.0 websnapshots broken even further (by design)

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Just a heads-up warning to anyone considering upgrading to TC7.3.0 - the websnapshots now include a "privacy feature" where the snapshot of the camera(s) no longer displays on the web interface screen until you specifially click to activate the video source (see attached image).  The websnapshot only shows around 5 seconds once clicked before requiring another activation.  A large message also appears on the display of the endpoint stating that the video is being monitored by an administrator.

This warning message shrinks after a short period of time to just an icon, but the icon stays on the screen for approximately 10 minutes (even after disconnecting any browser session to the endpoint).

This is in addition to the previous issue where websnpshots were disabled while the unit was in standby (no-websnapshots-when-system-standby-tc71x).

Update: TC7.3.3 returned some of the functionality, and the removal of the large message, but you need to obtain a "Remote Monitoring" option key for each endpoint.  However, this has introduced a range of other bugs which Cisco have not fully addressed yet.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

95 Replies 95

Yep, that sounds very much like the issue I reported and is now being tracked as Bug CSCuv45623.  Please feel free to log a call with the TAC and have them add you to the list of affected customers under that Bug ID.  The more mentioned, the more priority they should put on getting it fixed.

We're seeing this issue on C60s, EX90s, SX20s and MX300G2s so far... so it's not specific to a specific hardware version.

I haven't quite made the decision to roll back to TC7.2.1 yet - but we're close to doing so.  The QA on these software releases seems to be getting worse over time.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

I'm now also seeing it on C40 and C90, so had to roll back the vast majority of C-series to TC7.2.1 as TC7.3.3 is proving to be unreliable and giving the support staff far too much grief. Not happy at all Cisco. :(

And yes, TAC has added us to the list of customers affected by this bug.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Maybe, our Cisco rep being dismissive with us and direction was a blessing in disguise. Whilst we still have a number of Cisco unit out there (that we have refused to upgrade at this point in time), in general we have switch new installations to Polycom. I know this is now necessarily a practical move for all users here, but I was worked quite nicely for us.

I am finding the same issue with SX 80 and SX 20. 

Has Cisco given any indication as to when they will rectify the bug ?  My SX80 are new so I may struggle to roll back the firmware.  Any information is greatly appreciated. 

Campbell 

Has Cisco given any indication as to when they will rectify the bug ?

You won't find much in the way of any dates for possible future releases published in a public forum, you best bet is to keep an eye on each of the Bug References to see if and when they have a "fixed" version listed.  There isn't just one specific bug related to websnapshot issues with TC7.3.x - there are at least 5 in my earlier post.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

TC7.3.4 was released - unfortunately, these issues still aren't yet resolved.  See discussion in https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12673421/tc734-released.  And they _may_ be fixed in TC7.3.5 which isn't due until Feb 2016.

Wayne
--

Wayne

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: