cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TC7.3.4 is released

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am pleased to announce that TC7.3.4 is released and can be downloaded from http://www.cisco.com

Release summary

- General bug fix release           

Please read the release notes:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/software/tc7/release_notes/tc-software-release-notes-tc7.pdf

Regards,
Magnus Ohm

14 Replies 14

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Thanks Magnus :)

Lots of bugfixes, but if anybody else was hoping this one had been fixed; CSCut18436 - "Stops and starts sending snapshots" - the answer is "no".

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

EDIT: Following testing with the actual release version, all the bugs that I'd previously reported as fixed (using one of the beta/RCs) are all back again:

• CSCuv32679 - Websnapshot doesn't update on camera change
  • CSCuv70134 - Websnapshot of Far End not available when calling 1000 MXP Endpoint
  • CSCuv71596 - On-Screen Display Warning on C60 endpoint with only DVI connected display
  • No Bug Number available (SR 636475137) - TMS breaks TC7.3.3 websnapshot
  • CSCuv45623/CSCuv09784 - Websnapshots disappearing

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate,.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne

I have collected the status for some of the bugs you have mentioned.

• CSCuv32679 - Websnapshot doesn't update on camera change
    • This is fixed in CE8, the bug has been re-opened with a request for the same bugfix in TC7.3.5*.
  • CSCuv70134 - Websnapshot of Far End not available when calling 1000 MXP Endpoint
    • This has been closed and will not be fixed as this is by design due to privacy issues
  • CSCuv71596 - On-Screen Display Warning on C60 endpoint with only DVI connected display
    • Still under investigation, target 7.3.5*. 
  • CSCuv45623/CSCuv09784 - Websnapshots disappearing
    • Target fix is set to TC7.3.5*

* Targets may change without notice

/Magnus

Thanks for following up Magnus.  Fingers crossed these bugs will be fixed in TC7.3.5.

Can you please describe the thinking behind the decision on CSCuv70134 - why is it only an issue for the 1000 MXP devices but works fine with other model and brand endpoints.  Why is there only a "privacy issue" for this type of endpoint?

And, if we've "purchased" the Remote Monitoring Option Key, which implies that we don't have a "privacy issue" in our enviroment - why is the functionality crippled, and again, only for one model endpoint?

This is very much sounding like Cisco is using the "Privacy Issue" excuse for not fixing something that has been broken as it's too hard, or the BU can't be bothered.

This has been forwarded to the PSTS Team.

Wayne

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne

The CSCuv70134 bug seems like has been used for multiple problems. I have reopened it and renamed it to make sure it addresses the T1000MXP problem reported. In short it is not a privacy problem to get websnapshots from the T1000MXP.

Best regards
Roger

Thanks Roger,

Glad to hear that someone is listening.  We've had no end of issues now for well over 12 months (Since the release of TC7.1) with websnapshots, and this is a tool we use extremely frequently in our environment.  It seems that each new release this functionality deteriorates to that stage that it is now very unusable in the current software release - we've had to downgrade all our endpoints to TC7.2.1 to return a level of functionality (while not as good as pre-TC7.1) that we are able to use adequately without too many cumbersome workarounds.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

For those that are interested, the issue mentioned previously about TMS breaking websnapshots (under SR636475137) has now been replicated and logged as defect CSCux27819.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate

Wayne

For those people who are following this thread, CSCuv32679 was fixed in TC7.3.6.

Unfortunately, TC7.3.6 has introduced two new bugs:

CSCuz55288 - websnapshots appear as grey on EX90 unless constant refresh button is selected

CSCuz63654 - snapshots of conference no longer appear in TMS when endpoint running TC7.3.6 or CE8.1.x

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Thanks Magnus.

It seems there's still no update on:

CSCut47838 - call shows "call not encrypted" even when status indicator sturned off (only happens on newer generaiton units)?

I've had it open since March and have clients ask me about it all the time...

Any ETA?

Hi Nick

This bug is rather cosmetic and a question of definition, which is why this bug has a bit lower priority. The status indicator is the icon that sticks on the side of the screen during the call which is turned off when configuring this. The notifications that shows up for 5 seconds and then disappear is not covered by this setting. The current target is set to TC7.3.5 preliminary ETA february 2016 (This may change without notice). Sorry for the delay.

/Magnus 

Thanks for the reply Magnus.... when I logged the case they told me that what I'd asked about (i.e. the "call not encrypted" message rather than the icon) was a bug.  FYI I don't have any issue with the lock icon, that seems to work as intended on both old and new gen endpoints.

The current target is set to TC7.3.5 preliminary ETA february 2016 (This may change without notice).

TC7.3.5 is out - and it contains only one single bugfix; the SX20 mic bug.

/jens

Feedback I got from TAC earlier in the week on this was that this, and others which were reported were going to be in TC7.3.5, are now scheduled to be in TC7.3.6 (ETA still February).

TC7.3.5 was a quick patch with only the SX20 mic bug fix (and CE8.0.0 was deferred on these devices too - with the new CE8.0.1 released to stop this from happening as well).

Wayne
--

Wayne

Hello Magnus Ohm,

Do you know if the precisionHD USB camera is supported in this firmware for the SX20? We used to integrate this product with the SX20 years ago and currently at least with TC7.3.3 I couldn´t have done it so far. The firmware doesn´t even show a Video Input [3] anymore, but it is documented in the 7.3 API guide

Regards,

Alan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: