Views
Helpful
Replies

tcp connection failed

Stephen Pedigo
Level 1
Level 1

On my VCS I have continuous TCP Connection Fails from VCS-C to VCS-E

2014-07-09T11:27:12-04:00tvcs: UTCTime="2014-07-09 15:27:12,606" Module="network.tcp" Level="ERROR": Src-ip="VCS-C-IP" Src-port="26778" Dst-ip="VCS-E IP" Dst-port="7002" Detail="TCP Connection Failed"

On my VCS-Expressway I have TCP Connection Fails to Dest IP of my TMS

2014-07-09T11:28:17-04:00tvcs: UTCTime="2014-07-09 15:28:17,824" Module="network.tcp" Level="ERROR": Dst-ip="TMS_IP" Dst-port="80" Detail="TCP Connection Failed"

Any help resolving is appreciated

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Steve,

Are you able to provide more details on your devices - ie, what version are they running, has there been any upgrade lately, etc?

I'm asking as there were a number of port changes between version X7.x and X8.x of the VCS software, so, unless you've also altered the firewall rules when you've performed such an upgrade, you may be running in to problems there.  Although, the port 80 access from the Expressway back to TMS wouldn't have been affected by these changes.

In any case, I would start looking on the firewalls and seeing if the rules are set correctly and at any logs to see if and why any packets are being dropped - that's the likely source of your issue.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Is there any Solution for this problem? I am also facing the same problem now.

Thank you