Helpful
Replies

TCS New BOX

Sushant Sharma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have few queries about TCS server

we received one UCS server that server came with window server 2008 and TCS  software

But i want to delete window server 2008 because i want to install 2012 .

I don,t know which type of licenses i need to install again for activation and this is possible to install 2012 in UCS

I ordered below devices

TCS-C220-PRO10P-K9
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Windows 2012 is supported with TCS S7.0, which can be either be a Gen 4 appliance or as a VM, the VM is supported only on either third and fourth generation appliances or 3rd party spec based systems.  Based on the part number you provided, your TCS is a Gen 3 appliance.  You'll need to go by the guide that Vivek provided above if you'd like to run Windows 2012 R2 and TCS S7.0.

Here is the TCS S7.0 Release Notes for reference.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

vivekksi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sushant,

I think following document will be helpful to you.

Please check http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/tcs/7_0/install/tcs-7-0-vm-install-existing.html#pgfId-94485

Thanks,

Vivek

Dear Vivek,

Thanks for prompt response

i just checked this doc actually they mentioned appliance to VM or any existing to New

But in my case we have different scenario we just received new UCS server from cisco

it came with Window server 2008 ..

i want to know can i put window 2012 in this server or not

Hi Sushant,

In that case also this document will be valid as direct upgrade of windows is not possible, so you have to do clean install of windows server and it will better if you go for VM install on existing TCS UC's box.

You need to follow on existing appliance to get ur option keys transfered.

I would also suggest before this process to check feature and limitation on TCS 7.0

Thanks,

Vivek

Vivek i  am agreeing with your points but we need to buy ESXI licenses for achieving this task . is it possible we will directly install window server 2012 in appliance like 2008 because we didn't received ESXI from Cisco

Thanks

Windows 2012 is supported with TCS S7.0, which can be either be a Gen 4 appliance or as a VM, the VM is supported only on either third and fourth generation appliances or 3rd party spec based systems.  Based on the part number you provided, your TCS is a Gen 3 appliance.  You'll need to go by the guide that Vivek provided above if you'd like to run Windows 2012 R2 and TCS S7.0.

Here is the TCS S7.0 Release Notes for reference.

Patrick Please suggest i received this TCS box with window server 2008 and TCS v6.0

Now i want to upgrade to TCS 7.0 because cucm only supported TCS 7.0

My Upgrade plan is :

> Copy license files

> I received release key to upgrade 6.0 to  7.0 from cisco

> Map  Window server 2012  ISO directly from cimc in TCS applaince

> Install TCS 7.0 software and licenses

> Install SQL 2012 express

Please suggest this is right approach or i need to follow something else.

As mentioned you need to run TCS 7.0 as a VM, can't be installed directly on the old TCS appliance.  Also, if the reason you're wanting to upgrade is use TCS with CUCM, CUCM has been supported since TCS 6.2, see the TCS 6.2 Release Notes for more details.