Views
Helpful
Replies

TCS record from MCU

Pavel Rusiyanau
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have TCS(ip:172.17.2.102) and MCU (ip:172.17.2.101) and not have h.323 gatekeeper.

When trying to install new:

-  "Create recording"

- dial number 172.17.2.101

- call type - h.323

have "Call failed: No route to destination"

5 Replies 5

You will need to setup a recording alias that the mcu can dial. If you do not have a h.323 gatekeeper then you will need to connect via SIP. Go into your Tcs web interface and go to recording aliases. Click on new. Create an alias patter. You will also need to have setup a prefix for your aliases. In my companies case we use 01 as the prefix. That way when we needed to create aliases for users we use their 6 digit extension ...01XXXXXX . Hope this helps.

Liam mcdonough

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Pavel Rusiyanau
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks, William McDonough

Instead of you know on h.323 MCU-TCS can work without CUCM, TMS, VCS?

Without CUCM, TMS or VCS it will be tough to make that work unless the MCU can connect directy to TCS as a default recording source.  I have looked through my MCUs and have not seen anywhere to do this.

What is your actual infrastructure?  With a better picture of how your systems are setup others here in the forums may be able to help you.

My  infrastructure:

- MCU 5320

- TCS v. 5.3

- Codec c40

- Codec c60

- Codec sx20

- CUCM 9.1 - lic 2 thing for codec c60 and c40

Codec c60(h.323)+c40(h.323)+sx20(h.323) <--video--> MCU : worked

Codec c60(h.323)+c40(h.323)+sx20(h.323) <---> MCU <---- TCS(h.323) : not worked

- gatekeeper h.323 not have

Codec c60(sip)+c40(sip)+sx20(sip) <--video--> CUCM : worked

Codec c60(sip)+c40(sip)+sx20(sip) <--video--> CUCM -->(sip trunk)-- > MCU : worked

Codec c60(sip)+c40(sip)+sx20(sip) <---> CUCM <--(sip trunk)<-- MCU : not worked

Document Architecture Design Guide: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/design/guides/videodg/infrastr.html#wp1060606

> Cisco offers two main call control platforms for interactive video: Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Unified CM) and Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Server (VCS).

For working requires CUCM or VCS?

Everything works.

Since on h.323 that works with default Templates.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: