cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TCS Telepresence Content Server - HTTPS SSL Streaming Errors - Reset Options

Timothy Shire
Level 4
Level 4

I have a customer which we have been trying to solve the Invalid Cert and problems with streaming. 

Changes have now been made on the Win2k3 IIS6 settings to remove any dependencies on HTTPS as the customer will no be installing valid Certs as this is a elementary school and does not need the the security that SSL provides.

There is a Bug that make the system almost unusable without a Cert:

Bug:

82218                 - When HTTPS is used to view Content Server pages, users will not be able to view content in Silverlight and Flash players.

I have used Microsoft SelfSSL to create and install self signed Certs for the TCS IIS sites.

The problems at this time we are no locked out of the Admin login to the TCS management pages.

I am now looking to find a way to revert the TCS back to Factory out of the box IIS settings.

If the above is not possible is there a way to do an entire Factory reset.  If the IP address can be preserved that would be great because the system is not local and the local contact may not have the needed tools.

thanks for any ideas

Tim

82218                 When HTTPS is used to view Content Server pages, users will not be able to view
content in Silverlight and Flash players.
4 Replies 4

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi this bug is still valid even with a valid cert. How are you sure the cert is the cause of the login failure? Have you tried to change the login ti domain or LDAP? Something other than local authentication since if you enable this without adding an initial valid admin account you will be locked out. There is a rescue url in the tcs admin guide that i dont remember from the top of my head now but you can find it in the document.

Do you get a login prompt? If you do i would not suspect a cert error just yet...

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The clue is to access the tcs on http. The login will aøways be https and might show you ( blocked content). Its enough to right click the bar and select show blocked content and do the login. Then you/they shouød be able to stream.

/Magnus

david.sharp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

i just wished to add the little note about the recovery, i have just had to do this and would have found it more helpful to see the recovery URL here.

the URL is

http:///tcs/#page:login&rescue:true

login as the administrator account then you can make the changes to enable access again.

Regards

Dave

Think with Portals

Think with Portals

Zac Colton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To fix the IIS settings, try running the repair option with the TCS installer under add remove programs in the control panel.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: