cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tele-presence content server application account issue(TCSDBUSER)

MichaelAuguste
Level 1
Level 1

Greeting Gents,

I realize Cisco does not support this anymore so just a shot in the dark. The password was changed by our DB team, on the sql database for tcsdbuser and now the application does not work. I do not know the original password. It seems like the old password is still being used by the application to attempt to connect to the database. I have tried re-installing the TCS app and it still fails to connect to the database. Does anyone remember how to remedy this issue?

All the best

2 Replies 2

Rafal Szeremeta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi.

Can you try reset account on SQL account via SQL management studio. Obviously you log into studio using admin account and manage tcs account from there.

Thanks
Rafal

MichaelAuguste
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Rafal,

They have tried to reset but with the same result. the account locks up almost immediately.

I ran repair from the installer and it give the same error.

Error: Unsetting upgrade mode, Error occurred [exception = Determining if the database has pre-setup functionality, Error occurred [exception = Login failed for user 'tcsdbuser'.]] - Failed to unset upgrade mode, Your Content Server is still in upgrade mode so you can not make calls, or start offline transcoding jobs. Please try running this installer again
467 2020-09-13T11:28:58-04:00 Info: Configuring system - System configuration complete

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: