cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TelePresence - Administrator Password Changes

bryandarnell
Level 1
Level 1

We have a client that requires us to change the Administrator passwords every quarter and we are needing to change the Administrator password for the first time. 

I wanted to know if we will run into any issues by changing the passwords on the CUCM, VCS, VCS Expressway, MSE8000, TPS, and TCS.

Is there any gotchas or order we should follow? 

1.  I wanted to make sure that the VCS, CUCM, MSE, and TPS will have any issues registering with TMS. 

2.  Will the VCS Cluster have an issue?

3.  Will this affect the TMS OpenDS?

4.  Any issues with TMSXE?  The TMSXE server is managed by another team and we will not be changing this Adminstrator login and password. 

Below is the list of versions:

CUCM - 8.6.2.2000-2

TMS - 13.2

TMSXE - 3.0.2.0

VCS - v7.0.2

VCS Expressway - V7.0.2

MSE8000 - 2.2(1.17)

TelePresence Server - 2.2(1.54)

TCS - v5.3

Thanks

Bryan Darnell

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

kntieche
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Bryan,

1. Once changing the admin password on those devices you might want to update TMS with the new password of the device   in the connection tab of each device so that it can accessed  with the new admin password

2. It should have no effect on the VCS cluster, as each peers can have a different password for the "admin" account.

3. No effect on opends replication, as this is handled by different accounts

cheers

Karim

View solution in original post

Hi

I see Karim has already answered most of your questions

1. What Karim says

2. What Karim says

3. What Karim says

4. No effect on the TMSXE unless the password changes for the TMSXE service account in the TMS or in Exchange.

/Magnus

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

kntieche
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Bryan,

1. Once changing the admin password on those devices you might want to update TMS with the new password of the device   in the connection tab of each device so that it can accessed  with the new admin password

2. It should have no effect on the VCS cluster, as each peers can have a different password for the "admin" account.

3. No effect on opends replication, as this is handled by different accounts

cheers

Karim

Hi

I see Karim has already answered most of your questions

1. What Karim says

2. What Karim says

3. What Karim says

4. No effect on the TMSXE unless the password changes for the TMSXE service account in the TMS or in Exchange.

/Magnus

Thanks Karim and Magnus!

Thanks to the replies.  We will be scheduling the password changes and I will post up after we make the changes.  Thanks again for replying.

I was able to change one of the TPS servers that is being brought on-line and I changed the password on the TPS and MSE8000, then I updated the password in TMS.  Both the TPS and MSE are showing connected in TMS.

Thanks for the help!