cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TelePresence call with Cius

marrachart
Level 1
Level 1

I've got a Cius registered to the same CUCM (v7.1.5) as the CTS endpoints.

When I place a call, it's audio only.

Any suggestions what more is needed?

Other components are CTSMAN and CTMS.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

6 Replies 6

jmunoz19
Level 4
Level 4

You cannot make the call because the CIUS does not speak TIP.  Prior to version 1.7.4, CTS endpoints would not do a standards based SIP call, only TIP.  As of 1.7.4, this call will work.

You will need to upgrade CUCM to at least 8.5(1) and your CTS endpoints to at least 1.7.4 for this call to work.

Thanks, Jeff

Thanks, I understand the TIP part (should have known that one) However, documentation says the Cius would work on CUCM 7.1.5

Or is this in audio-only mode?

pfff, now I need a ES from Cisco TAC because CTS 1.7.4 needs a specific patch for CUCM 7.1.5 because of a bug...

Personally, I find in a lot of work to get a Cius working

CIUS probably works on CUCM 7.1.5, however, it cannot make a video call to a CTS endpoint unless the CTS is running at least 1.7.4 and CUCM is running at least 8.5.  Otherwise, the CTS endpoint will only negioate a TIP call.

Check this out:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/interop/interop_1_7_4.html#wp93128

Thanks, Jeff

Just made a succesfull call with CUCM 7.1.5 and CTS endpoints running 1.8.0.

Call between Cius and CTS500.

CUCM 8.5 or higher is not required...

What did you have to do to make this work?  I've got 2 CTS 1300's that I'd like to call to/from my Cius units.  I'm running 7.1(5) UCM, 1.8.0 on my CTS units, and latest non-beta Cius image. 

--greg

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: