Helpful
Replies

Telepresence - Communication failed between Cisco TMS e uma MCU TPServer

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Guys, 

My Customer have solution Telepresence and is with follow problem:

On intermittent days and times, our TMS has presented the following message during the videoconferences.  “Warning Instance: No response from main system – Error: No contact with master system, 3 sucessive polls failed.”

During this error message, live video calls do not lose their connections, but the status in TMS remains "unknown" and you can not create and / or edit new videos.

To re-establish the communication, we need to perform the command "Force Refresh" in the TMS (IP: http://x.x.x.x/tms)\Systems\Navigator\Infraestrutura\TPSERVER01\Settings\Force Refresh

Any have idea as to solve this problem?

Thanks,

Wilson

6 Replies 6

Georg Kehrer
Level 4
Level 4
Hi,
from time to time I have the same Problem with TMS 15.2.1, I have Conductor for normal scheduling and 1 TP Server as unmanaged TP Server .
Its occurs only with the unmanaged TP Server (direct managed by TMS)

Best regards
Georg

Can you tell us more about how your TelePresence Server is deployed and exactly what is happened or provide a copy of logs.
Why is your TelePresence Server unmanaged, is it hardware or virtual? Hardware TelePresence Servers can be managed directly by TMS, but if it's virtual, it must be behind Conductor.

Hello Patrick

TP Server are 8710 model, which the reason is to use as a "standalone" Server, because Customer would like to have a better controlling of Tonwhall Meeting.

all other TP 4 8710 Blades are managed by Conductor (Cluster ) and also TMS as a Cluster and works so far so good since 1 1/2 year. But from time to time (not so often) or we are not see that, the in the conference are getting the failure in TMS that "No response from main system" though the conference are running well and all System are still connected.

TMS is version 15.2.1 and TP Server 4.2 (latest version which is possible as standalone).

I have made a look in the Log on the TP Server unfortunately the log are gone to late.

The Logs on the TMS server; i'm not sure in which exactly can find some Information, I have found the failure message in the "log-liveservice":

2018-02-08 08:13:18,483 [Resource:21[External_f3de1120-4600-11e6-b6a2-000d7c1151e8]] WARN  Tandberg.TMS.Live.Fsm.ResourceFSM - Master poll failed (1140968) resource: 21[External_f3de1120-4600-11e6-b6a2-000d7c1151e8]:

But I found not more Infos in the logs which are related to the Failure Message.

Do you have an Idea in which Logs I can find more Infos?

regards

Georg

Logs related to either TMSLiveService or TMSDatabaseScannerService. I'd also recommend you check the TPS logs around the time TMS says it loses connection.

I know , but the log cache are limited on the TP Server no chance anymore to check that the event are listed.

Regards

Georg

Hi George,

Thanks a lot for Your contact. Sorry, I don´t worked more in the company and I don´t know if the problem was solved. Any way, thanks a lot for Your help.

Regards,

Wilson

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: