Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TelePresence Conductor Clustering over WAN

Hi Cisco,

We want to deploy Clustering of 3 Conductor servers (2 local) and 1 over the WAN in a different DC.

Based on clustering guide 2.x and 3.x it states we need 30 ms RTT between Conductor servers, currently we have 50 ms RTT. Does Conductor 3.0 supports higher RTT? What are the implications of deploying Conductor with higher RTT?

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/conductor/config_guide/xc3-0_docs/TelePresence-Conductor-Clustering-Unified-CM-Deployment-Guide-XC3-0.pdf

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The round-trip time is still the same, 30ms, and hasn't changed.

As far as any issues you might come across if you go over the round-trip time, take a look at this discussion conductor-clustering-and-latency.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The round-trip time is still the same, 30ms, and hasn't changed.

As far as any issues you might come across if you go over the round-trip time, take a look at this discussion conductor-clustering-and-latency.

Thanks Patrick,

I'm surprised this RTT is too low since Conductor just handle mostly signaling. Probably some under the hood DB requirement. I'm thinking of having 2 separate clusters, each in a different Data Center monitoring the same TPS. (Active/Standby), but CUCM will be configured to only select the "standby cluster"  when the "closest" Conductor cluster is unreachable.

Do you know if TPS 4.X in remote manage mode supports this scenario?

Thanks

I've never heard of anyone deploying Conductor in such a way.