Michael Bruce
Level 1
Level 1

Infrastructure:

TMS 14.5  (Private Network)

VCS-C 8.5.1  (Private Network)

VCS-E 8.5.1 (Public Network)

TCS  S5.3  (Private Network)

Codian: Supervisor 8500, MSE 8510, ISDN 8321  (Private Network)

New to this so I'm not sure what the best way to accomplish this would be but essentially the goal is to live stream video from TCS to both the internal network users as well as public home users without presenting any security issues. Trying to do this without an external streaming service.

In it's current state this works fine for internal users but is unavailable to public users because it's on a private network.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You'll have to provide public access to your TCS, you can check the TCS Admin Guide for the list of ports. We have our TCS on a private network and have the traffic routes through out network load balancers that sit on the public network to provide all public and private access. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You'll have to provide public access to your TCS, you can check the TCS Admin Guide for the list of ports. We have our TCS on a private network and have the traffic routes through out network load balancers that sit on the public network to provide all public and private access. 

TCS in a DMZ with a 1:1 NAT to a public address with the specified ports, is this viable?

It might, I'm not too sure though, probably something that you'd just have to test.  I haven't heard of anyone using the TCS setup to use NAT.

Will test this out and get back to everyone.