cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Telepresence Content Server

Brandon Pierce
Level 4
Level 4

I've been reviewing some information on the telepresence content server and figured someone here might know the answer.  I am reading some conflicting information. 

1. Can the telepresence content server be used to watch a live stream?
  2. Can the telepresence content server use SIP?  The datasheet says yes but the doc says H.323 only.
  3. Can the telepresence content server auto-join meeting with TMS?  My assumption is yes since endpoints can be set to auto-answer/join.

My goal is to setup a recording solution and so far TCS in combination with REV and a DME is proposed but if the TCS can do everything by itself and then offload the recordings to a NAS, then I wouldn't need the rest of the solution.  Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
  1. The appliance and virtual TCS can support either 5 or 10 concurrent on demand recordings, and from any of those, 2 of them can also be streamed live.
  2. You can use H323 or SIP with a standalone TCS.  Starting with TCS version 6.2, you can now have a cluster using H323 or SIP, before 6.2 it was only H323.  The admin and user guides are incorrect and yet to be updated to reflect the SIP enhancements in the 6.2 release.
  3. You can schedule TCS recordings with TMS without an issue, we do this everyday.  The only caveat currently is you can't schedule a TCS cluster using SIP, as TMS has yet to be updated to reflect the changes in the 6.2 release.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
  1. The appliance and virtual TCS can support either 5 or 10 concurrent on demand recordings, and from any of those, 2 of them can also be streamed live.
  2. You can use H323 or SIP with a standalone TCS.  Starting with TCS version 6.2, you can now have a cluster using H323 or SIP, before 6.2 it was only H323.  The admin and user guides are incorrect and yet to be updated to reflect the SIP enhancements in the 6.2 release.
  3. You can schedule TCS recordings with TMS without an issue, we do this everyday.  The only caveat currently is you can't schedule a TCS cluster using SIP, as TMS has yet to be updated to reflect the changes in the 6.2 release.

Thank you sir, that is exactly what I needed to know.  I thought the docs were a bit off and you confirmed that part.  As far as the vBrick REV and DME, the only purpose I saw of those two pieces are that one is a portal to watch live and recorded videos and store them on the DME. 

hello Patrick Sparkman

i want to ask can TCS 7 works without cucm or vcs ?

whats is license required for this scenario and ova template specs ?

can i deploy TCS 7 on a 3rd party server like hp or dell?

You can run the TCS as a standalone server, however there will be limitations such as only being able to use the default recording alias and template, instead of being able to use multiple aliases and templates if it were registered to a call control server such as CUCM or VCS.  If you do a search of the forums for "tcs standalone", you'll come accross several threads discussing this type of deployment.

The TCS comes with all the required licenses to function, nothing extra is needed unless you plan on running it in a cluster or add more recording ports.

Starting with S6.2 you can run the TCS on spec based third-party servers as long as they meet the requirements.  Refer to the TCS S7.0 Release Notes, and TCS Virtulization DocWiki for more information on the requirements.

Hello!

Is that possible to use Multisite license instead of MCU to attach Telepresence Content Server to conference?

Thank you!

Yes it is possible to connect to the TCS from an endpoint that is Multisite enabled, it is the same process as a point-to-point call where you call the TCS directly from the endpoint, the only difference would be the Multisite endpoint would have several participants connected to it including the TCS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: