Views
Helpful
Replies

Telepresence Endpoints conferencing

Ali Bahnam
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I have a CUCM with VG, now I need to register (2x DX80, and EX60) to my CUCM.

Please advice if I can do a conference for the three endpoints together without using MCU, is this applicable or I need to add a MCU?

Regards,

5 Replies 5

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ali,

EX60 does not come with Multisite option so in this case you need to use the conferencing resources added in the MRGL on CUCM for these endpoints, which would be MCU for video conferencing.

Manish

Hi Manish,

Thank you for your reply, I already talked to Cisco support, they confirm me that no need to add MCU as I already have CUCM and Voice Gateway router, so no need to add MCU the Gateway will handle the conferencing for the 3 endpoints.

Hi Ali,

Please be aware of the following limitation if you plan to use and PVDM3 from ISR G2's for video conferencing

https://supportforums.cisco.com/user/login?destination=discussion/13113061/telepresence-endpoints-conferencing%23comment-11587686

Manish

Hi,

I have PVDM3-16 installed on my VG which will be enough for 1 conference with 6 participants and we have to configure video conferencing on my CUCM. 

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The EX60 does not support Multisite, neither do the DX80s, so you will need to have a MCU/TelePresence Server/Cisco Meeting Server/external bridge to host the conference if you wish to have all three connected.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: