we have a strange behaviour of Telepresence endpoints (MX300, SX20, DX70), as those are unregistering 5 mins after reboot.
We installed a TelePresence network in last December, with MX300, and several SX20 endpoints. Call control and provisioning is made by a CallManager, version 10.5.2.
It worked fine until last week, when customer reported that endpoints are unregistering unexpectedly.
The symptom is the following:
- after switching an endpoint on, it registers into CallManager
- It keeps sending Registration SIP messages by 80 secs. After about 5 mins, the endpoint Unregisters due to SipTransaction time out, and won't register again
- we saw that a register message does not reach the callmanager, that is why the endpoint decides to unregister
- after unregistering, if I set the SIP Proxy in endpoint's configuration, the unit registers again, and do not drop registration (until teh next reboot)
- the same (unregistration) happens at every rebbot, after about 5 mins; but never happens after the proxy address is set manually
The symptom is independent of
- the type of the system: it happens with MX300, SX20, DX70, even with SIP phones (eg 8831)
- fw version: MX300 and SX20s have CE8.2.1, and TC7.3.6; DX70 has CE8.3
- independent, if I set the Proxy with FQDN or IP address;
- independent if the endpoint is provisioned by CallManager or by TMS
There are a few questions that I could not find answer for:
The loss of the Register message is caused by the network most probably; but:
- Why it is happening ONLY after system start/restart, and do not occurs later on?
- Unregistration (loss of Register message) always happens about 5 mins after system start; although the REGISTER message is exactly the same every time; what can be the difference?
- The unit won't try to register again after that packet loss; why? Only when changing SIP Proxy setting manually, it sends Register again.
If anyone had similar effect, or has any idea, all suggestions are appreciated.
Solved! Go to Solution.
A bug was filed for this exact behavior for these endpoints , but it was for devices registering via MRA
actually there is no MRA in our case...
Also a difference, that endpoints won't register again automatically, only by a manual intervention (config change)
So I do not think this bug would fit. However I will check this issue with the firewalls.
I know this is an old post, but I was wondering if you ever figured out what was causing your issue with the video endpoints unregistering. I'm dealing with a similar issue where numerous endpoints unregister randomly. Once unregistered, the only way I've found to register them again is to either reboot them or modify the config.