Views
Helpful
Replies

Telepresence license change after upgrade from 11.5SU3 to 11.5SU9

Jonathan Galvez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello :),

I have a very weird issue and I couldn't find a reason on CISCO websites. Maybe someone knows and can help me quickly.

Before the upgrade we were using just 7 Telepresence licenses, after the upgrade CUCM need 12 instead 7 telepresence licenses...all the devices are cisco WebEx rooms. Probably some of the devices were not recognized as Telepresence devices on the old release. I now need to know, which one and where is this change documented by CISCO. 

My customer need a clarification. 

Many thanks in advance,

Jonathan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Webex Room devices always needed TelePresence license in CUCM. This seems to be software bug which was identified for spark devices in CUCM version 11.5 and it may be applicable to Webex Room Devices as well.

Bugs.JPG

But if you are using 12 Webex Room devices then you need 12 Webex Room licenses (TelePresence license) for CUCM. The licensing is changed over the years and now you can use Cisco Webex Device Subscription to register any Cisco Webex device with CUCM version 10.x and later. Below are details about Cisco Webex Device Subscription:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/cisco-collaboration-flex-plan/datasheet-c78-742548.html 

You can order new licenses using A-FLEX-DEVICE part number.

A-FLEX-DEVICE.png

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

How many webex room kit you have   12 or 7 ? 

Can you share the screenshot of license usage  from plm ? 

Response Signature

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Webex Room devices always needed TelePresence license in CUCM. This seems to be software bug which was identified for spark devices in CUCM version 11.5 and it may be applicable to Webex Room Devices as well.

Bugs.JPG

But if you are using 12 Webex Room devices then you need 12 Webex Room licenses (TelePresence license) for CUCM. The licensing is changed over the years and now you can use Cisco Webex Device Subscription to register any Cisco Webex device with CUCM version 10.x and later. Below are details about Cisco Webex Device Subscription:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/cisco-collaboration-flex-plan/datasheet-c78-742548.html 

You can order new licenses using A-FLEX-DEVICE part number.

A-FLEX-DEVICE.png

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Great, many thanks Vaijanath. My customer was affected exactly for this bugs!

Regards, Jonathan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: