Views
Helpful
Replies

TelePresence MultiPoint Switch

pmvillarama
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Trying to learn  Telepresence Multi Point switch but cant get clear picture of how the screens turns out after bridging 3 or more CTS together.

a. what happens to the screens of each site when 3x CTS 3000 meets together? or more perhaps?

b. how do MultiPoint Switch chooses which screens/segments to display?

thanks in advance and happy new year!!

regards,

paul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Paul,

First, I understand that you are trying to learn more about CTMS. However, it is important to point that, Cisco is going for TP Server, and CTMS will be completly override by TP Server soon. This is the official End-of-Sale and End-of-Life Announcement for Cisco CTMS: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/ps7060/ps8329/ps8331/ps7315/end_of_life_notice_c51-729081.html

Question A: It depends upon which switch policy is configured on CTMS. You have two options, room switch and screen switch. When using the Room Switch policy, when the users speak at any side (Left, right, center) of the CTS 3000, for example, the whole telepresence system (the three screens) will appear to the remote participants. When using the Screen Switch policy, when the users speak at the right side of the CTS 3000, for example, only the right side will appear to the remote participants.

Question B: Well, CTMS makes that choice firstly based upon which switch policy is configured. In addition, when CTMS receives audio and video from a CTS 3000 endpoint, for example, because of TIP protocol, CTMS is able to discern which video and audio streaming is coming from each side of the CTS 3000. For example, when the users speak at the right side of the table, CTMS know that those audio and video streaming are coming from the right side of the telepresence system, because TIP protocol brings this functionality. Therefore, CTMS is able to discern when it is supposed to show each segment (screen) of the telepresence system, when using the Screen Switch policy, for example. In addition, CTMS is also able to compare the audio level received from each segment of each endpoint connected to the conference, so that it can know which segment has a higher voice level and it can consider this segment as the Active Speaker.

TP Server uses a similar logic, but there are some important differences, mainly when talking about the layout.

I hope this help.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Paul,

First, I understand that you are trying to learn more about CTMS. However, it is important to point that, Cisco is going for TP Server, and CTMS will be completly override by TP Server soon. This is the official End-of-Sale and End-of-Life Announcement for Cisco CTMS: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/ps7060/ps8329/ps8331/ps7315/end_of_life_notice_c51-729081.html

Question A: It depends upon which switch policy is configured on CTMS. You have two options, room switch and screen switch. When using the Room Switch policy, when the users speak at any side (Left, right, center) of the CTS 3000, for example, the whole telepresence system (the three screens) will appear to the remote participants. When using the Screen Switch policy, when the users speak at the right side of the CTS 3000, for example, only the right side will appear to the remote participants.

Question B: Well, CTMS makes that choice firstly based upon which switch policy is configured. In addition, when CTMS receives audio and video from a CTS 3000 endpoint, for example, because of TIP protocol, CTMS is able to discern which video and audio streaming is coming from each side of the CTS 3000. For example, when the users speak at the right side of the table, CTMS know that those audio and video streaming are coming from the right side of the telepresence system, because TIP protocol brings this functionality. Therefore, CTMS is able to discern when it is supposed to show each segment (screen) of the telepresence system, when using the Screen Switch policy, for example. In addition, CTMS is also able to compare the audio level received from each segment of each endpoint connected to the conference, so that it can know which segment has a higher voice level and it can consider this segment as the Active Speaker.

TP Server uses a similar logic, but there are some important differences, mainly when talking about the layout.

I hope this help.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

thanks so much for this Paulo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: