cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Telepresence newbie question

hasan yenilmez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi , I am newbie on telepresence  deployment . Actuallay I don't know which device does what .

we have  virtual machines . cucm , im&presence and Cisco Telepresence Video Communication Server  

As ı read   Cisco Telepresence Video Communication Server should be configured  as Cisco Expressway-C Server and E server .      

And we have physical Telepresence Server 310 .

what is the diffrence between expressway e and c (virtual  ones ) and Telepresence 310 (physical) ?

as  the toplogy attached .  how should I set topology ?

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/solutions/CVD/Collaboration/Jul2014/CVD-CollabEdgeUsingBE6000-Jul14.pdf

Thanks  in advance 

Hasan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Expressway C sits in your internal network and Expressway E sits in the DMZ/public networks. CUCM connects to Expressway C and Expressway C connects to Expressway E. When an endpoints registered in CUCM tries to call an endpoint that doesnt belong to your organizations, the call flows through CUCM <> Exp-C <>Exp-E. 

TP 310 is a conference bridge which registers to CUCM and is used for mixing video streams.

Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Expressway C sits in your internal network and Expressway E sits in the DMZ/public networks. CUCM connects to Expressway C and Expressway C connects to Expressway E. When an endpoints registered in CUCM tries to call an endpoint that doesnt belong to your organizations, the call flows through CUCM <> Exp-C <>Exp-E. 

TP 310 is a conference bridge which registers to CUCM and is used for mixing video streams.

Please rate useful posts.

Thank you George, I  understand the big picture now.