cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Telepresence Precision 60 Camera and SDI input of the Webex Room Pro Codec

TimHart
Level 1
Level 1

I am working on a design for a video conferencing system using the Webex Codec Pro.  I have three sources using the 3 HDMI content inputs and the 2 camera HDMI inputs are used by a Speaker Track 60 camera.  I would like to use the SDI input of the Codec for a Precision 60 camera by converting the HDMI output to SDI.  I assume this will work, but would like to verify that the

Presenter Track function for the Precision 60 will work with this configuration.

Thanks in advance,

12 Replies 12

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

Interesting question - my guess is it will work, but being such a specific and unusual configuration, I doubt Cisco has tested it. If the codec recognizes that it's a P60 camera through the adapter I think you'll be OK, but will it? 

You might be the first one to try this - please post back with the results if so. 

PJ,

Thanks for your response.  There's nothing I like better than testing products for the manufacturer.  You questioned whether the CODEC would recognize the camera through the SDI port.  Does the camera pass any information beyond the video signal through the HDMI cable?

Yes - it definitely does. Look at your SX80 (or any other Cisco codec) and go to peripherals and it will say right on the screen what model and SW rev camera is on each port. It's like if you plug a DX80 into your laptop and then go to your laptop video settings it will tell you the new "monitor" is a Cisco DX80 - HDMI does pass information in both directions. Does SDI? That I'm not sure of. 

ralva
Level 1
Level 1

HI Tim, 

Just to follow up on this, how did it go? Where you able to make it work as designed? One question I have is why using HDMI to SDI if both camera (P60) and codec pro are capable of using SDI?

I am running into an issue with a Conference system I designed where the P60 via SDI into the codec Pro works when using a 10 ft. cable but drops the signal when using the 25 ft. I need in the space. I could convert HDMI to SDI or just use stright HDMI with a TxRx combo but not being able to use the input available is a bit frustrating. I get control, no video detection whatsoever.

Any updates on your case might bring a light into mine while troubleshooting.

Thanks!

What sort of cable are you using for your SDI connection.  Are you using a good quality RG6 or RG8 cable?  There are reports of people getting up to 50' with good cables, and even one report of someone using "Hosa Pro 75-Ohm Coax (BNC-6-1100)" at 100 feet in one of the Webex Teams spaces.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks Wayne.

We are running is Gepco VSD2001TS (plenum) which is a very high quality RG6 cable specifically manufactured for HD/3G SDI. 

Per their documentation we should be good up to 90m. However there seem to be an obvious distance limitation.

We have also learned of other similar issues and that this issue has been escalated to the R&D folks in Oslo.

I will update this thread as we go.

Thanks!

We have been told that whatever cabling you use, must meet the attached Belden spec.  R&D in Norway is getting cabling that meets this spec to make sure, but that will take a month or so for them to test and get back to us.

Thanks,
Justin Ferello

This system will not be implemented for 6 months or so, so I don't know if it will work or not.  I was not aware that the P60 had an SDI output (it is not listed in Cisco's spec sheet).

Good luck,

Tim

@TimHart wrote:

I was not aware that the P60 had an SDI output (it is not listed in Cisco's spec sheet).

The 3G-SDI output is clearly shown on the Precision 60 camera in the Camera Guide, and is mentioned in the Video interfaces section of the table of the Cisco TelePresence Precision Cameras Data Sheet.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hello Wayne,
Do we need activation code to enable 3G-SDI port on codec. I am trying to connect 3rd Camera, but i can't control it. 

No, all the video ports are enabled out of the box - there are no additional licences required.  Camera control is done over ethernet, not the SDI port.  Just make sure you set up the cameras correctly and assign the correct CameraIDs to the right inputs and the correct Camera Serial Numbers to the right Camera numbers.

Wayne

Getting same issue. Is there any solution? 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: