TelePresence Server pool exceeds license capacity

JIANDE ZHANG
Level 1
Level 1

1, CUCM 11.0;

LIC-TP-SMP

and above License is on the way.

When I tested video conference with those devices I have, I got a error:

conferencefactory.controller: Level="INFO" Event="Alarm Raised" Id="50099" UUID="fd65270e-9426-42f0-b27a-b6ad733c0e43" Severity="error" Detail="TelePresence Server pool exceeds license capacity: Unable to create conferences as insufficient TelePresence Server license resource is available in pool"

Can I say that the error I met, because of the License (LIC-TP-SMP) I missed?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Patrick McCarthy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You mentioned the SMP license is "on the way" - so you don't have any licenses installed? Conductor will support the older "screen license" model or the multiparty model, but whichever one you are using you need licenses installed or it will not work. That error seems to indicate you don't have any license installed, it won't work until you resolve that. 

View solution in original post

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Patrick is correct, the TelePresence Server needs either screen licenses or multiparty licenses in order to create conferences and for participants to join, if you don't have either than the TPS won't function.  Once you get the SMP license, add it to Conductor and you can than use the TelePresence Server.  Note, 1 SMP allows for a single conference with unlimited participants up to the capacity of the TelePresence Server hardware.

Depending on how long the SMP order is going to take place and when you need the TelePresence Server up and running, contact your Acccount Manager as they should be able to provide you demo SMP licenses.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Patrick McCarthy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You mentioned the SMP license is "on the way" - so you don't have any licenses installed? Conductor will support the older "screen license" model or the multiparty model, but whichever one you are using you need licenses installed or it will not work. That error seems to indicate you don't have any license installed, it won't work until you resolve that. 

Thank you two,  Patrick McCarthy and Patrick Sparkman

I have some licenses.

Conductor has some licenses installed:

1, 30 bridges;

2, 2400 call sessions;

3, 5 Personal Multiparty (PMP) licenses.

But Cisco TelePresence Server has 0 Screen license.

Do those Licenses support testing video conference?

With TelePresence Server, you have two licensing options, it's either or and can't be used together. 

1. Screen license, which is installed directly on the TelePresence Server. 
  2. Mulitiparty license, either PMP or SMP installed on Conductor. 

Because you have PMP license, you should use Collaboration Meeting Rooms (aka CMR Premises) which is a feature of TMSPE, which requires TMS. If you had SMP licenses, you wouldn't need TMS nor TMSPE. 

Thanks Patrick.

It helped a lot!

I'm in the same situation, and now change Conductor conference template to allow scheduled conference. The license error disapeared but comes another one. "B2BUA rejected call on the Ingress with 486 Busy Here (Policy lookup response: conference is scheduled but not yet created by the scheduler)" I've setup TMS and book conference but receive Busy when I call conference allias.

I've seen a similar issue before where either the conference alias or template set to not allow incoming calls to create the conference, meaning that only a scheduling application such as TMS can create the conferencing using the Conductor API.

Check the following in Conductor:

• Conference templates > [template] > Scheduled conference
  • Conference aliases > [alias] > Allow conference to be created

Hi Patrick,

* shecduled conference is set to YES

* allow conference to be created is set to YES

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Patrick is correct, the TelePresence Server needs either screen licenses or multiparty licenses in order to create conferences and for participants to join, if you don't have either than the TPS won't function.  Once you get the SMP license, add it to Conductor and you can than use the TelePresence Server.  Note, 1 SMP allows for a single conference with unlimited participants up to the capacity of the TelePresence Server hardware.

Depending on how long the SMP order is going to take place and when you need the TelePresence Server up and running, contact your Acccount Manager as they should be able to provide you demo SMP licenses.

Thank you Patrick.

I will ask them for Demo SMP licenses.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: