Views
Helpful
Replies

Telepresence Server RTP ports

Paul Woelfel
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

I recently upgraded MCU 5320 to TS 320. I searched the documentation for the RTP port range used by Telepresence Server, but it is never mentioned. What is the port range and can it be changed?

I deployed an infrastructure with Conductor XC2.2 in B2BUA deployment model and a TS on 5320 version 3.1.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Regards, Paul
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Paul,

Take a look at this article, this is applied for all Tandberg/Codian conferencing products, including TP Server too, as you can see:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/articles/conferencing_products_conferenceme_ports_used_kb_3.shtml

According to the document, the ports are in the range 49152 to 65535.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Paul,

Take a look at this article, this is applied for all Tandberg/Codian conferencing products, including TP Server too, as you can see:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/articles/conferencing_products_conferenceme_ports_used_kb_3.shtml

According to the document, the ports are in the range 49152 to 65535.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Thanks Paulo!

I found that document, but overlooked that it includes also TS.

Is there any possibiliy to change that ports?

Every different part (VCS, TS, Endpoint and CUCM) used different port ranges for RTP. This makes it a challenge to get the correct firewall rules in all directions.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Regards, Paul

Hi Paul,

I dont think it is possible to change those ports. The only ports you can change are locate in the page Network > Services, but the RTP ports are not there. =/

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Brief update.

You can change the port range in the virtual Telepresence Server via console using the command port_range. Seems that you can configure any range with, at least, 5000 ports.