Views
Helpful
Replies

Telepresence solution in big conference room

kimek4901
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I`m new in telepresence solution and I need help. My company is planning to create a big conference room with such requirements:

- 3 screens (Center: big videowall, 2 smaller screens left,right)

- 2 cameras (50-100m cable needed)

- 1 or 2 microphones (wire and wireless if possible)

- posiibility to connect laptop with presentation

Right now I`m using Telepresence SX20 without telepresence server, just 1:1 connections which is not suitable so I`ve created such telepresence set, please let me know is it all I need to make it work. I don`t have experience with big codecs so I`ll be grateful with answers about this set:

- Cisco Telepresence C90

- 2x PrecisionHD Camera 1080p12x

- Microphone with XLR , 48V phantom

- Wireless mic with XLR connection on base

- 2x HD-SDI 100m cables for cameras.

Thank you,

Regards,

Marcin

6 Replies 6

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Marcin,

Let me move this post to Telepresence community, so you can get the TP experts' attention. This Conferencing community is for Cisco WebEx Meetings Server and Cisco Unified MeetingPlace products.

I hope this will help you get the answers sooner.

-Dejan

Thank you Dejan

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

C90 is a very good system, and we do use a few in our mid-sized rooms, but I would seriously consider the SX80 instead as it has a much better chipset, and a much better price point. :)

We use SX80 in our large theatres which seats between 200 and 500, and it works really well. For main displays we use two Panasonic PTRZ670BE Laser/LED projectors.

Suggest you take a look at the specs;http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/collaboration-endpoints/telepresence-quick-set-series/datasheet-c78-731242.html

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

C90 is soon to be end-of-sale, eos-eol-notice-c51-734175.  As Jens suggests, I'd recommend the SX80 which is it's replacement.

Thank you Jens and Patrick for answers.

1. I`ve just found info that SX80 supports one Precision camera or SpeakerTrack dual camera. I need two separate cameras with cable distance from codec 50-100m.

2. I also need to know, if I`ll connect 2 cameras using HD-SDI cable to C90 codec, will I be able to play them along in 1:1 conference with another SX20? or I need to create conference bridge to use 2 cameras on C90?

3. Do I need just C90 codec to use it or I need also telepresence server?

If my questions are not clear please let me know, I`ll make it simplier cause as I said I`m new in Telepresence solutions.

Regards,

Marcin

We use two Sony EVI-H100V cameras with the SX80 system in all of our large theatres. Works fine, only reason we're using them instead of Cisco PHD cameras are price. You can use up to 7 cameras with the SX80. I suggest you reach out to a Cisco partner/integrator who will be able to suggest the best design solution for you as there's more than one way to do this. :)

The C90 is/was a great piece of kit, but it's outdated technology and will, as Patrick pointed out, soon be EOS/EOL.

/jens