cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Telepresence SX20 connecting to Cisco Jabber (Free)

cpartsenidis
Level 1
Level 1

We currently have a SX20 Telepresence system and I am trying figure out which way we can use it for demonstrations.

There is no VCS or CUCM available, only the SX20, connected to our LAN with a Cisco router connecting us to the Internet.

My question is if a standalone SX20 unit is able to connect - call a Cisco Jabber client (ciscojabbervideo.com), and if so, what is required?

I've tried loggin into my CiscoJabbervideo account using the Jabber client and calling it frm the SX20, but to no avail.

If someone can point me towards the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

4 Replies 4

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As the external jabber client is SIP based, you'll need to have SIP configured and enabled on your SX20 (as well as, or instead of, H.323).

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hello Wayne and thanks for taking the time to answer.  It seems like there are mixed feelings as to if the SX20 is able to connect to a Cisco Jabber Video client, without CUCM or a VCS.  Cisco TAC has informed me that in order for my scenario to work, I must have CUCM or VCS, however I have no technical information or explanation as to why CUCM is required.

In addition, it seems like the SX20 telepresense system, without  CUCM/VCS, is only able to connect to another conference system.  If you want to a have mobile clients (eg a person with a laptop) enter a conference, you're in bad luck as it won't work without VCS or CUCM....

Can anyone else confirm this?

Is there any other type of 'client' that can be used with the SX20 that won't require CUCM or VCS present?

Thanks

Hi cpartsenidis,

What you may have to do is place Sx 20 on public IP and make sure DNS entries are configured correctly on sx 20  so as to get the jabber.com domain resolved correctly.

you will be able to make calls from outside to inside. ie from free jabber to Sx 20 and vice versa.

I have a working set up on which ive given public IPs to C 60s and i can make and recievce calls  

on free jabber users inside my network.

I am not sure how it would work if NAT/PAT comes into picture.

//VD

Hi Vikram,

Thanks so much for your reply.

It seems like there is somewhat limited information on how flexible the SX20 Telepresence system, as not many people have tried getting it to work without VCS or CUCM.  

I also spoke with a Cisco TAC engineer in regards to the correct configuration of a Cisco router, so that we get the necessary ports forwarded into the SX20 located on a LAN.  Because we do not have any spare Public IPs, we decided to port-forward the necessary ports to the SX20, however it seems like this is a problematic scenario as it didn't work.

I can share my router NAT & Port forwarding configuration if you believe it will help identify anything we might be missing.

In addition, when you make a call to a client using the free cisco jabber video service, you do just dial (from the sx20) the username@jabber.com  address?

Many thanks for your time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: