cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Telepresence SX20 & MX300

rehan_uet
Level 1
Level 1

We already have three of SX 20 with multipoint conferencing option, now we are ordering Unified Communicaion Manager 9.x & two units of MX 300. Would there be any additional component required for the point to point conferencing between SX 20 & MX 300 and what component would be required to add in the BoQ for the Multipoint conferencing between multiple SX 20 & MX 300 units.

5 Replies 5

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

If you have three SX20, two MX300 and CUCM 9, you have all you need to make basic point to point calls.

If you plan to have multipoint conferences involving all your endpoints (including those you will have in the future, considering growth), it would be required to have a dedicated server to host your conferences, because the multipoint support in SX20 is limited to four participants. Therefore, you would need a MCU (Multipoint Control Unit).

Cisco has many different MCU models. So, basically, in your case, the choice of the MCU depends upon the number of participants you want to join and the scalability that you plan to bring in. If you plan to have imersive telepresences, or if you plan to have interoperability with third party endpoints, so you should also consider these possibilities when choosing the right MCU to your environment.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Hi,

You can go for Cisco MCU 45xx , 42xx, 53xx Series MCU depending upon your requirement.

Thanks,
Saurabh

Hi,

From Paulo Souza reply i get this imression that with SX20 along with UCM 9.x, we can have max four participants in the call with any combination of SX20 & MX300 endpoints. And if we want to have more than 4 partcipants in a conference call then we'll have to add the MCU.

Please correct me if I am wrong in my understanding.

And as per my understanding to work with UCM 9.x each of these devices (SX20 & MX300) would require Telepresence room license.

Yes, your understanding is correct. And CUCM does require Telepresence Room license for SX20 and MX300.

Please, set the topic as answered if you think we have addressed your doubts.  =)

Paulo Souza

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Does anyone know if the Telepresence Room License requirement applies to both UCL and CUWL (Standard). ?

I have an SX20 registered to UCM and my ELM is saying i am "-1" on Telepresence Room License.  I cannot finy any kind of SKU for this license if it exists.  Anyone know?