Views
Helpful
Replies

TelePresence

battanc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

someone can tell me the minimum bandwidth requirements for smooth communication between two TelePresence devices?
My client is experiencing some problems and I fear there may be insufficient bandwidth problems.

Best Regards

C.

4 Replies 4

rahul.sing
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ,

Bandwidth Resolution Frame Rate
768 Kbps 4CIF 30 fps
1 Mbps HD720 15 fps +
2 Mbps HD720 30 fps
4 Mbps HD720 60 fps

Regards,

Rahul

Then over a s2s VPN there is no hope :) ?

Then over a s2s VPN there is no hope :) ?

That'll all depend on what bandwidth you have available between your sites.  We use it quite successfully at 768k to remote sites where limited bandwidth is available, and even at 512k to places where bandwidth is extremely restricted.  Your experience will of course be better if you can throw more bandwidth at it - that goes for pretty much everything these days.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Mohammed Khan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Video quality varies based on resolution and frame per second (fps). 768 kbps is good enough for 720p30 call.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: