cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

The lan port of cisco mx 300 not working

collinks2
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Guys,I am having a challenge with cisco mx 300. The compnay that installed it only tested it once and it worked.After some time we got a new ict director who ordered the telepresence to be relocated to his office.
I connected the codec and it powered on but displaying "missing network link". On the screen ,it shows 'touch pad required "
I checked the network cable but its not blinking on the cisco switch.i have swapped cables but still the same. My director is on my neck to get it fixed.

What could be the issue? Is the lan port of the mx 300 faulty ?i have done reset but to no avail.i have equally used "usb to lan adapter" but still no luck. Can someone assist ? Our mx 700 is working well.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

RMA - Return Material Authorisation.

Essentially a hardware replacement of your faulty unit.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Check the switch config and log output. Layer 2 security features (eg Port Security, 802.1x, DAI, etc) could all have caused the port to error-disable.

Hello Jonathan.
Thank you for the response. If a pc is plugged to the same port,it
blinks.so if its in err disable mode,the cable from the pc should not have
blinked.
I have equally connected it a plug and play switch but the same thing. I am
suspecting that the lan port is kind of faulty.
Is there any way we can make use of usb to lan adapter ?

No, you cannot use a USB LAN adaptor with a MX300.   If the LAN port on the unit is faulty, you will need to RMA the device through the Cisco TAC.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks for your response.what is RMA?

RMA - Return Material Authorisation.

Essentially a hardware replacement of your faulty unit.

Wayne
--

Will contact the supplier.thanks
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: