Views
Helpful
Replies

Time out on VCS

Mike Hagans
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is anyone aware of a timeout feature that can be set on the VCS-C or VCS-E's? I checked out the calls on the VCS-C while looking into another issue and there was a call that said it had been active for 3 days, over the weekend... I am not sure if someone just forgot to hit end call or what. But, is there a feature to set a call to not last more then, say 8 hours?

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I am aware of a setting on an ISDN Gateway to limit the maximum call duration (where significant call costs could be incurred), but not any setting on the VCSes to do so.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Ok. Hmm.

our telepresence system consist of two VCSc then two VCSe's... No gateways / routers involved. Managed in TMS...

may any need to open a TAC case to see where in our environment is the capability 

No, there ist noch such feature in the VCS. (And neither on the endpoints)

The VCS has an API, so with some script on an additional computer you can archive this.

tac is not really the right to talk to, please contact your Cisco partner or account manager to file a feature request if you think it's something needed.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

As the others have pointed out, no, this cannot be set on the VCS-C/VCS-E.

You can set default call duration on the MXP endpoints, but this option was not included in neither the C-series nor the SX-series.

You can configure TMS to at least issue a warning when Ad-hoc call connections exceeds a pre-determined duration (in hours) - never used it so don't know how well it works; Administrative Tools/Configuration/Conference Settings/Advanced/Send Warning When Ad Hoc Conferences Exceed This Duration (in hours):

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.