cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Time Zone not set

mlaverty1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a couple of legacy 1700MXP endpoints and a 4210 Codian MCU that will not accept the Time Zone setting in TMS. TMS issues a minor error message when systems dont have the correct setting. Whenever I change to the appropriate zone it reverts back to 'Not Selected', other legacy endpoints are fine and accept setting. I thought software versions were to blame but now not so sure. Has anyone else experienced this or know how to resolve?

TMS - 14.3.1; 1700MXP - F9.3.1 NTSC & F9.1.2 PAL; 4210MCU - 4.4(3.57)

7 Replies 7

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Which time zone setting did ou try on the endpoint? Did you try a force refresh for this endpoint in tms

after you changed it on the endpoint?

Do you have the xconfig part of your timezone config.

Did you try an other timezone to see if it works with an other one?

Define other "legacy endpoints" are these also MXP systems, if so which and with which software version?

Did it work before or is it related to TMS 14.3.1?

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Thank you for response.

I have tried multiple time zones and receive same results including refresh of TMS.

If I change the time zone for endpoint in TMS it will reflect the change when doing xConfig but TMS still shows 'not selected'

Setting a different time zone through xconfig has no impact either.

*c xConfiguration Time Zone: GMT-0500

*c xConfiguration Time DateFormat: DD_MM_YY

*c xConfiguration Time TimeFormat: 12H

*c xConfiguration Time DaylightSavings: Off

We have 15 legacy MXP endpoints only 2 experiencing issue. All with versions F9.3.1 NTSC & F9.1.2 PAL

Noticed the warnings when we upgraded to 14.2.2. Currently on TMS 14.3.1

Related? Not sure but when trying to update and save System Contact information for these same two endpoints I recieve the error "Could not update all settings. Details: The given key was not present in the dictionary."

Mark Laverty wrote:

Related? Not sure but when trying to update and save System Contact information for these same two endpoints I recieve the error "Could not update all settings. Details: The given key was not present in the dictionary."

Interesting. When you see this message in the UI, it's by definition a bug. It could be that you have some "dirty" data in your database, which could cause both issues.

If you open a TAC case, please send a database copy (if possible) and TMS's log-web.txt file (which should show the full stack trace for the "given key was not present in the dictionary" error).

-Kjetil

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mark Laverty wrote:

I have a couple of legacy 1700MXP endpoints and a 4210 Codian MCU that will not accept the Time Zone setting in TMS. TMS issues a minor error message when systems dont have the correct setting. Whenever I change to the appropriate zone it reverts back to 'Not Selected', other legacy endpoints are fine and accept setting. I thought software versions were to blame but now not so sure. Has anyone else experienced this or know how to resolve?

TMS - 14.3.1; 1700MXP - F9.3.1 NTSC & F9.1.2 PAL; 4210MCU - 4.4(3.57)

This is not a known issue. We fixed a very similar problem in 14.2 (see CSCug45606), but there could be corner cases we did not catch. I would recommend opening a TAC case to troubleshoot the problem.

Note that the time zone for endpoints in TMS isn't used for anything, so your issue is mostly cosmetic.

-Kjetil

I had a very similar problem with some random C-Series endpoints (I'm running 14.2).

A reboot of TMS fixed my issue, so give that a go.

Hi,

If you ever want to do a reboot to fix an issue like this, keep in mind that there is an option that will give you less downtime. If you rather choose to restart IIS and TMS's six Windows services, you'll acheive the same as with a reboot, but with 15 seconds of downtime instead of three minutes.

-Kjetil