Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS 13.2 + Provisioning extension is out

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
75 Replies 75

Ok, yes, thats not good. Interesting, did not notice Mac issues here.

Yes, you can go back, but then you loose the changed data.

You can only migrate data from OpenDS to TMSPE but not reverse, so be aware of that.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Martin Koch wrote:

The major showstopper for me is the missing user level configuration

and the changed capability to inherit settings to child folders and that you

might end up with wayto many configuration templates which then get out of sync.

Yup, not having the user level configuration is not good at all - don't really understand the thinking behind not having that in this release.

I import all of our users from AD, which is divided into groups based on ORG, which is Faculties, Shools, Disciplines, Services etc - and I have some users within some ORGs where I have to provision max and default b/w as 512kbps, whereas all other users are provisioned with 4Mbps. Not sure how I can easily achieve this with TMSPE.

I've upgraded to  13.2 but had to go back to the legacy TMS Agent as I'm having some comms issues between VCS-C/TMSPE and the TMS server,

I'll look at it again when back at work on Tuesday.

(See Martin; open/close - inside joke )

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Guess I would go with AD groups like ORG1-512kbit, ORG1-4MBit, ... and then map

them to specific folders/templates/importfilters in the TMSPE.

If you or somebody else finds an easier way (besides using the old provisioning :-P ) please post it here!

Martin Koch wrote:

Guess I would go with AD groups like ORG1-512kbit, ORG1-4MBit, ... and then map

them to specific folders/templates/importfilters in the TMSPE.

If you or somebody else finds an easier way (besides using the old provisioning :-P ) please post it here!

Won't work as we would then have to add these to AD itself each time we need one within a specific ORG, it just ain't going to happen.

Each ORG is unique and is determined by where they sit in the organisational structure, i.e. a top level for a Faculty, then a sub-level for School within this faculty, then another sub-level for Discipline within this School etc.

And we have a lot of these, and since they are all within specific ORGs based on the above and not on their geographical location, and as we have a number of locations..well...it would get real messy very quickly.

/jens

I fully acknowledge what you say and I would assume that many TMS admins will not have

AD admin access to even be capable of moving users / groups by that.

And am also  sceptic if we end up double up groups for TMSPE for each unique setting parameter

we will most likely run out of sync of our configurations, ...

There definitely will be use cases where the new TMSPE will be an exact fit and makes admin life much more

easy, but at least not for the two of us, ...

So I guess its just hope and wait for the next release(s) of TMSPE and stick with OpenDS.

Jens: did you see my private message?

Heh - if I went to our Computing Systems & Architecture Manager and told him we need to make changes to the AD structure because TMS can't do certain things, then I would be told to sober up and come back when I have a real problem...

Might still have to go ahead with TMSPE though as it should fix our Mac problem, and if it does that, then that's more important to get fixed than provisioning issues with some users at some remote sites - which I then will have to see if I can get around somehow by other means.

Was so nice and simple - and quick - being able to that by using individual user settings. /sigh

/jens

Thanks Magnus - I would love to see better integration between TMS and the Codian products.  Also, if the TMS messages could appear on the displays rather than the T3 touch panels.  I've had calls timeout because they can't see the warnings, especially if there is content.

Hi Michael

Are you talking about the extend conference? There is a new feature for this in TMS 13.2 which extends the conference automatically until it cannot be extended any longer.

This can at least work around the problem with the conferences timing out.

When you say better integration between TMS and the Codian products it's not very specific could you point at some features your not satisfied with?

Best Regards

Magnus Ohm

That's a feature request you have to raise against the T3 people. All TMS does is to send the notification, TMS does not control where it is displayed.

Regards,

Kjetil

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Auto-Extended Feature.
  Im very excited about this new feature as it's could be the fix for no "end conference" notification from the Codian when intergrate with TMS.  Documentation says this can be extended upto 16 15-minute sessions.  Is there a way to just default to only 1 15-minute session?  Thanks

Michael Boscia
Level 4
Level 4

How do I determine the SQL Instance Name so that I can continue installing TMSPE?

How do I determine the SQL Instance Name so that I can continue installing TMSPE?

Check the SQL Server Configuration Manager on your database server. Go to "SQL Server Services", and you'll see the instance name next to the "SQL Server" service.

-Kjetil

OK, that seems to have worked.

Unfortunately, now it is telling me:

"Unable to establish SQL connection through Java runtime. Check your SQL protocol settings."

Also, how do I set the user privilege db_owner as required in the deployment guide when the SQL database is not on the same box as the TMS application itself?

You would most likely require access to your SQL server (but you might not have credentials). If you are pointing your TMS to a SQL cluster, speak to your SQL admin, and set the same permissions on your tmsng database as your tmspe.

I don't mean to be rude, but shouldn't the guide assume that the person installing it knows nothing about SQL?

I would suggest that this section of the guide should have a step-by-step guide for how to do this.

I say this because my "SQL Admin" tells me that his SQL server experience is from the 1990s, and you can't always assume that the customer is going to have the expertise to assist with these installation tasks.

With this, as with other Cisco products, the customer expects us to come to the table with a complete, step-by-step set of instructions to deploy these services, and it really doesn't help when we get a somewhat vauge set of guidelines and a basic requirement to get an expert of whatever discipline is needed to deploy the technology.

Having said that, most times the customer does have competent people to assist us from their side, but when they do no, we as the vendor are expected to bring all expertise required to execute on the assigned tasks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: