Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
75 Replies 75

Pinkesh Patel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Does the VCS need to be added into TMS before you can install TMSPE?

I just finished a clean install of TMS 13.2 on a 64 bit server and want to get TMSPE installed before killing off the current Movi installation.

I get an error at the end of the TMSPE installation (in the attachment), but the logs don't really pinpoint the problem.

Thanks

ppatel

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yea you can install tmspe and have the legacy provisioning model running. That should be no issue. It does not change unless you flip the switch in tms and on the vcs.

Is this the only message you see or do you get a popup error before this?

In the logs do you see anything related to named pipes? If you do please look a few post up in this thread as you might miss the security updates from microsoft.

Since we are getting close to a log reading scenario a TAC case would be the best next step if there is nothing obvious to go after here.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Magnus,

Thanks for your response.

We have a completely new install i.e. there are no endpoints/VCS on the TMS 13.2 server at the moment. In the documentation is states that you need to add a "Cisco TMS Provisioning Extension option key". I didn't obtain that from the partner when requesting all option keys/release keys for TMS.

I don't get any other error messages to suggest something has gone wrong, it looks all good until the last dialogue box which then shows the message in the screenshot above.

I believe we are using TCP/IP for connection to the database and the logs for TMSPE show a successful connection:

Property(C): TMSMAJORVERSION = 13

Property(C): TMSMINORVERSION = 2

Property(C): TMSBUILDVERSION = 0

Property(C): LOGPROP = TMSPE (DEBUG): Sql Connection closed successfully

Property(C): SQLPROTOCOL = TcpIp

Property(C): SqlConnectionStatus = OK

Property(C): ConfigDBCompatible = YES

I tried to install the Microsoft Hotfix anyway, and that failed stating "The update is not applicable to your computer". We're running Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard.

I've reached out to our partner to get TAC involved so let's see what they find in the logs.

Thanks

Regards

ppatel

Hey Pinkesh

Did you got your problem resolved yet?

/Magnus

Hi Magnus,

The issue hasn't been resolved yet..

i'm going to upgrade one of our VCS's to X7.1 and then try to install provisioning extensions.

Thanks

Pinkesh

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no way to set a fixed numbers of 15 minute extends as far as I know. You either select extend to get prompted to extend the meeting or auto extend. If you select to get prompted to extend the meeting the user can accept one extend and decline the next promot to accomplish what you say here.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Awesome..My next question was would there be a prompt to notify users. You answer me here. Thank you

Couple of things which may be worth mentioning re auto-extend;

Auto extend only works with conferences hosted on an external MCU, or on an end-point which has an onboard MCU, and in this case, only if that particular end-point is the Master.

The notification which pops up on the screens is; "The conference was extended, the new endtime is: hr:min"

Would be really nice if we could manually set maximum number of extensions as 15x16 is too long in most cases, what we risk is people walking out without disconnecting (which happens quite a bit here), and the call then stays connected for up to 4 hours.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

That is a good point Jens.

Should not be hard to implement a dropdown list with a maximum number of auto extends and make the number dynamic instead of static. I'll note it down and forward the idea into the system as an enhancement request. The devs might have their reasons to keep the number fixed but worth a shot as I can see the benefit of having the oppertunity to change it.

/Magnus

Thanks Magnus, very much appreciated

/jens

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did someone face this issue:

I tried to de and reinstall the TMSPE and after that I can not fulfill the install anymore as the

sql connection fails with the shown info.

SQL studio express connects perfectly well, connection type is TCP, sockets are disabled,

so the patch shall not be needed, running on 2003server with sql 2005 on a tms appliance.

I tried it with (local), interfaceip, 127.0.0.1, localhost, hostname, ... always the same error.

Username (sa and tried administrator as well, neither sql nor integrated auth)

& password are also correct (like I said the sql studio connects fine), ... strange strange

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Martin,

running into the same error as you by mirgrating to CIsco Provisioning extension.

SQL Server is 2008, Authentication Mode is "integrated". TMS connects fine from the same server to the same SQL server.

What now?

Just be aware TMSPE must be installed on the same server TMS application is installed on.

I.e. we use an external SQL server where tmsng is located, and that works fine as far as TMS is concerned, however, installing TMSPE db on the same external SQL server will not work as this feature is not supported in the current version of TMSPE.

/jens

TMSPE will be installed on the same server as TMS.

Are you right, that TMSPE db cant be installed at the same external SQL server as TMSNG db?

Yes, current version of TMSPE must be installed on the same server as the TMS application itself is installed, it cannot be installed on an external server.

Having tmsng db installed on an external server is fine, and this has no impact on TMSPE functionality.

/jens

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: