cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS 14.0 and FIPS with MXP management

kenolte
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Anybody have documentation or configuration guide that states FIPS should be disabled in Windows 2008?  I've seen documentation that implies MXPs are not supported, but nothing definitive.  Can anybody point to documentation validating the following statement:

FIPS is only supported in JITC version of TMS (i.e. TMS 14.0).  JITC version of TMS (14.0) does NOT support MXP endpoints, therefore if we require MXP management we must disable FIPS.  If we require FIPS then we must use TMS 14.0 and MXP management will not be possible.  Support for FIPS and MXP are mutually exclusive, and you may only support one or the other.

1 Reply 1

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

There is unfortunately no public documentation stating what you are looking for, but I'll see if I can get in on the agenda for 14.5. (but no promises! smiley)

That being said: MXPs try to use digest/MD5 when authenticating with TMS, and all MD5 usage is disabled when FIPS is enabled on a Windows Server. As a consequence, disabling FIPS is a hard requirement if you want TMS to manage MXPs. See for example CSCul15465, which was closed as "not a bug".

Regards,
Kjetil