cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS 14.3.1 Config Templates and TC6.3

pcummings
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting an error in my configuration template for an MX 300 that I'm running TC6.3 on.  The only output I get in the Configuration Templates Activity for it is: A template value was rejected by unit name. Location: /Configuration[1]/Reason[1]

Anyone seen this or know where I can dig deeper to find out exactly what is failing?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Patrick,

It's "Conference PacketLossResilience Mode" which is causing the issue. I do not know why, but there is no more such setting in tc6.3.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Which type of provisioning do you use, TMSPE?

Which version of TMS do you use? Please add a screenshot as well.

Do you use the template for tc6.3?

If so, where did you get it as at least the cisco site still only shows TC6.2

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps11776/prod_release_notes_list.html

and als on the tandberg ftp its only 6.2.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Martin,

The new software was released on Oct-31.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/software/tc6/release_notes/tc_software_release_notes_tc6.pdf

Available on the Cisco Download site.

The template worked fine without issue on TC6.2.1.  Previously when it gave an error, it was specific to where it was getting the error.

Yesterday I updated two MX series systems to test TC6.3.  The template still pushes, but it shows as failed with a fairly vague error.

I do use TMSPE but I do not provision my MX endpoints using PE due to the high cost of TMSPE licenses.  Instead, these systems are simply added using TMS System Licenses.  TMS is the latest, 14.3.1

I should also note that my templates also gave the same errors to my two test C40's I updated.

Yes, I know that the software was released, but the provisioning requires a XML provisionig template was lacking.

But I see somebody seems to have fixed it since my last posting:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/software/tc6/release_notes/config-schema-tc63.zip

Consult the TMSPE provisioning deployment guide. Section

"Setting up configurations for provisioned devices"

Try again with that in place and configured.

If you had already uploaded it, try to delete it and see if the file itself is correct and re upload it.

If the problem still remains and you have a valid service contract think of escalating this thread as a

service request to TAC, you can do that if you are logged in on the top right.

In general you should not never see a snafubar

Let us know how you fixed it.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

To me, it seems like you're talking about two completely different things here: configuration vs provisioning templates!

Patrick, it would be better to post your actual configuration template to be able to help you. You're saying it doesn't work but we have no clue what configuration is pushed to the mx300.

Hi Thomas,

Yes, I am talking about configuration templates not provisioning templates.  Typically if it failed, it would give me an error and then tell me what the error was, such as this example:

Here is the Configuration Template I'm using.  It doesn't matter if it's an MX 300 or C40, I still get the same error above from my original post.

Hi,

Could you tell me exactly which commands you try to apply through the template? I assume TMS and the endpoint don't agree on the syntax. Should be easily reproducible in my lab.

EDIT: I missed your screenshot, the iPad client does not support images. I might have time to try to reproduce tomorrow.

Regards,
Kjetil

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi Patrick,

It's "Conference PacketLossResilience Mode" which is causing the issue. I do not know why, but there is no more such setting in tc6.3.

Thanks Thomas,

That was it.

Martin Koch wrote:

But I see somebody seems to have fixed it since my last posting:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/software/tc6/release_notes/config-schema-tc63.zip

Interestingly enough, the .zip bundle you link to includes a provisioning template for the SX20. This is the first time my endpoint colleagues publish a template for the SX20, as far as I can see.

Kjetil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: