Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS 14.4, TMSPE 1.2, and TMSXE 4.0 are now available on cisco.com

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I'm happy to announce that TMS 14.4, TMSPE 1.2, and TMSXE 4.0 now are available on cisco.com.

TMS 14.4

TMSPE 1.2

TMSXE 4.0

The deployment guides and other documentation are in the process of being published to the Product Support section of cisco.com; I'll post direct links to them as soon as they as available.

As always, please read the documentation carefully before upgrading production environments to the latest software. smiley

Best regards,
Kjetil

37 Replies 37

Hi again David,

I have reproduced your issue #1. Two quick questions to help us narrow down the problem:

1. I presume you didn't see it in the TMS version you used prior to installing 14.4. Which exact version were you using when it was working as expected?
  2. In the email notification you receive, is there anything odd about the timestamps? More specifically, what's the date that's logged in the "Event Created" statement, and is there one or more "Event Postponed to xxx" entries that are unexpected?

Thanks,
Kjetil

Hi Kjetil,

please find attached email fro TMS. Only the first date in the mail is 2009 that is not correct or strange. This is a fresh installation of TMS not an upgrade and I did not use this feature before. So now, I just filled in the TMS notification address and I started to receive this notifications. I can imagine that the server does not have Internet connectivity - did not check it, but I would prefer, when I disable the Check for updates, to not receive this notification ;-)

Thank you,
David

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi all,

We have now published TMSXE 4.0.1, a bug fix release for TMSXE. It resolves three open issues from TMSXE 4.0.

All TMSXE 4.0 customers are encouraged to upgrade to 4.0.1.

Regards,
Kjetil

tsardena
Level 1
Level 1

impersonation vs full admin rights

What are the differences from users perspective and from an Exchange admis perspective day to day?

Do both account types behave the same for...

Admins would like to double book rooms as a first step to taking a room out of service for a period of time or to free it up for a VIP event. Then go back and ask users to change their room reservations. This does not work if TMS has admin rights.

Hi,

Impersonation is a bit easier for Exchange admins to configure, but there should be no difference from the end users perspective.

-Kjetil

Hi Kjetil,

I have been using TMS 14.4 for a while and everything works as expected using F5 NLB for active passive mode except one issue which is TMS encryption key mismatch "One or more encrypted passwords in the database have been encrypted with a different TMS encryption key than the current key"

I have already done logging into individual TMS server and running the "scan database" option which decrypts the passwords without any error.I even double checked the encryption key on both the server and they are same 

Any pointers on what i am missing out would highly be appreciated

PS:14.4.1 was released today, should i upgrade my 14.4 to it ?

Hi,

14.4.1 is a service release with seven bug fixes, if you have a working 14.4 deployment and know that you won't be affected by any of the bugs, I don't see the need for upgrading.

About the TMS encryption key warning: Do you actually see that your TMS has problems connecting to one or more of your managed systems, or is the warning completely incorrect? You can use the System Overview page to see the connection statuses of all of your managed systems.

-Kjetil

Hello

Apologies for delay in updating the above mentioned issue

After nearly spending 2 hours with Cisco TAC we decided to go with reinstalling the TMS on both servers (fresh install)

It took me nearly 3 hours for the entire process but gladly the issue got resolved.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: