cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS 14.5: Email Invitation Sends .msg Instead of .ics

Michael Bruce
Level 1
Level 1

Currently the system attaches an empty .msg file rather than an .ics with the meeting details, I've searched for more information and checked the TMS settings but I must be missing something. Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sounds like an issue between your Exchange server and Outlook client, since the web shows the correct attachment.  So TMS is sending the correct attachment, just getting converted somewhere, might be a good idea to ask your Exchange admins.  I don't know anything about Exchange, so I can't help there.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you using Plain Text or HTML?

Does the booking invite HTML and TXT email templates contain <ADD:ICALENDAR_ATTACHMENT> at the very end?

What happens if you reset the booking invite templates, there is a revert to default option on each email template page?

1. HTML.

2. Yes.

3. Reset template, same issue.

Can you check to see if your email server is getting the .ics attachment, perhaps it's converting it to .msg somewhere?  What if you check your email from a different program, or through the web, if that's possible?

Checked it through the web and it has the .ics extension. My Outlook client lists it as a .msg though. 

Sounds like an issue between your Exchange server and Outlook client, since the web shows the correct attachment.  So TMS is sending the correct attachment, just getting converted somewhere, might be a good idea to ask your Exchange admins.  I don't know anything about Exchange, so I can't help there.

I'll contact the organization hosting the exchange servers we use. Appreciate the help.